RPG convention map

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Totan, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Whoa, Whoa, now I'm pretty sure I'm somehow on the wrong website - must be too many game fests. I don't see boozing or dancing on the GF South or Atlanta GF homepages. Although I don't care about booze, dancing (women!) is something that interests me! Even if it is not worthy of the maps I maintain, it sounds like something that warrants further evaluation. Please post links, cuz Google does not seem to be serving me well on this.

This isn't it by chance is it? http://www.flickr.com/photos/18698389@N00/4745529501/in/set-72157624384738798/

2. mark

mark Spellbinder

3. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Aye, the confusion I've caused by leaving out the link.

http://nggnet.com/features/ConventionsJ ... tm#January

Still, I'm surprised no one recognized Game Fest - that was the convention that tried to fill the void when Gen Con moved to Indy (although they were in a couple other cities besides Milwaukee, I think).
    Lasted about 3 yrs I want to say?
    Where I (briefly) met Gary for the first time.

4. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Ah, now that link is useful. I will have to pour through that.

5. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

Indeed.* :D

*Except for the part about "hot chicks."

7. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Kansas City Game Fair is November 10-13 2011. Hope to see any and all of you. Check out KCGAMEFAIR.COM

8. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

It looks like it is pinned on the map. Is it still related to Shaun Con?

9. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Yes, this coming convention will be Shauncon 30something (I SHOULD know exactly,but....). Shauncon has been absorbed by KCGAMEFAIR (sounds better to the general public) but the Kansas City Role Players Guild maintains the Shauncon name in the roleplaying area, for tradition's sake mostly. I knew it was pinned already, but I wanted to make a timely, yet shameless, plea to the community.

10. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Cool, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I have been neglecting the map for some time after all.