Skype.com

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by the keeper, Aug 29, 2010.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Has anyone on the forums checked this out? One-on-one 'live' video calls, or multiple, voice only, party chat. Cool way for gaming groups, or military personel to keep in contact with friends & family. My son showed me this the other day & now I'm a chattin' at friends I haven't seen in years.
    WAY TO AWESOME!! :D
    & IT'S FREE!!! :D :D
    Just wanted to let people know!

2. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

You're just now finding out about Skype? I've a number of friends over at the Kenzer boards and a variety of other places that have been using it for years for gaming. Plus, I've also had a few buds over in Iraq that used it to keep in contact with their families.

I have to say that technology, thankfully, can be a real blessing to our soldiers. It allows them to see and speak to family and friends they normally might not see for a few years at a time.

If you ever need to hit me up on Skype, shoot me an email and I'll log on. You can reach me as "geekpreacher" on it.

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

What can I say? Sometimes I'm a little sssllllloooooowwwww!

My Skype handle is, whatelse....The Keeper!

4. tellion

tellion Footpad

If you haven't used Skype in the last few months, you might not be aware that it now supports multiple video feed calls. We've had a game going for about a year and a half over Skype, and the addition of video on the call was awesome. Now if they would just enable a decent whiteboard tool...

Oh, forgot to mention, the multiple video call does require the call initiator to pay for the service once the 7 free trial runs out... Well worth it.