So...what are you running?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ceronomus, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

I was going to run it Sunday morning. Originally, I was going to do a cooperative game with Kampfgruppes trying to secure a town but decided to just to Scenarios 1 and 2. I've got multiple copies so I was going to run 1 or more games depending upon how many people signed up.

Scott: Thanks man, it was a lot of fun running that for you guys. Looking forward to running Orc Ten!

2. nesbit37

nesbit37 Level 0 Character

What are people's experiences flying with minis? I want to run a game of Warmaster in Middle Earth but that means flying in with a few hundred 10mm minis. I wouldn't really want to check them, and don't have them packed properly for checked luggage anyway. Ever been hassled about flying with that much lead in carry on?

3. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Not with minis but with a carryon suitcase half full of batteries. Only issue was the mass was too large for the Xray to give them a clear picture. Had to remove the batteries and spread them out to get them through the Xray.

4. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

ok...might be an issue. i am running the trqactor works...which is scenarios one and two.

5. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

I'm running all of the standard scenarios for Leading Edge's Aliens mini wargame, which brings you through all of the major events of the movie.

Also running Leading Edge's Bram Stoker's Dracula miniature game, with a custom board.

Also running a Queen of the Demonweb Pits miniatures game.

Also running Dungeon Deep's Red Death RPG adventure.

Links:
    Aliens

Dracula
    Demonweb
    Red Death

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  6. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I've been suffering from GM burnout recently. The thought of designing a new con scenario makes me want to binge watch TV instead. Not good. I may run the C&C adventure I designed for last year and maybe a board game. I picked up Small World a couple months ago and have been having a lot of fun with it. It would be an easy game to introduce to people during a 4 hour convention slot. With any luck, I'll snap out of my GM Funk and put some more original stuff together.

7. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Why not just play...run nothing.

8. silas

silas Chevalier

There are a number of things I would like to run depending on audience interest:

Baker Street: Roleplaying in the World of Sherlock Holmes
    Doctor Who: Adventures in Time and Space
    Ghostories
    Unbidden: Roleplaying Game of Horrors, Secrets, and Legends
    The World of Necroscope

I am up for doing any of these, so if any stand out, let me know

9. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Ooo - Baker Street sounds fun.
    Were you the one running it at Nexus, I think it was?

10. silas

silas Chevalier

Actually that was Tim. I ran Call of Cthulhu among other things.

Haven't run Baker Street yet, but want to. Just received the boxed set.

11. tacojohn4547

tacojohn4547 Level 0 Character

I just submitted my events for GC 2016. I've got two high-level AD&D events (two different adventures) and two Axis & Allies board wargames on the schedule.

Thursday - The 384th Incarnation of Bigby’s Tomb
    Friday - Gary Gygax’s The Necropolis
    Saturday - Invasion of Italy
    Sunday - Axis & Allies Pacific (2001 Edition)

12. Rex

Rex Footpad

Shuffling the list .....got some requests from other Con's that include but not limited too: Dungeon Crawl Classics (mid level games, probably 3 sessions 4 hours each) Castles and Crusades (Low Level Game, 1 or 2 sessions 4 hours each), Lester Smiths D6xD6 (Golden Age Super Hero setting, at least 1 session 4 hours), Monster Hunter International the RPG (1 or 2 sessions, 4 hours each), Villains and Vigilantes (2 or 3 sessions, 4 hours each), and I think an Amazing Adventures all Luchadore game........I have crappy luck getting into a game anyway so just going to run non stop like I usually do......Suggestions Welcome...

13. Dregg

Dregg Level 0 Character

I'm still waffling on what I actually want to contribute. I know I want to run a Fantasy AGE game of some sort, but that is all I have in my head right now. I plan to do an espionage based game, and going back and forth on if I want to run a 1930's pulp inspired game or a post apocalyptic game. Last year was great as far as events were concerned. I loved it that people were running games such as FATE and Dungeon World. If someone was to run another *World inspired game, I would be their best friend forever (well if I got to play in it, that would be the caveat).

14. Skip

Skip Administrator Staff Member

I've submitted several role-playing events. Here they are in brief:

The Centaur Murders (Friday and Sunday)
    Another chapter in my ongoing mega adventure exclusively at Gary Con. Our heroes have identified a likely culprit, the centaur hothead Pirrius and are headed overland to locate and question him.
    D&D 3.5

Fog on the Oakmoors (Thursday and Saturday)
    A mystery woman made a splash at a highbrow events and then disappeared. (Where have you heard that story before?) Now, a group of young aristocrats have vanished into the fog while looking for her. Queue adventurers.
    This is based on an as-yet-unpublished scenario I wrote for a friend's Kickstarter campaign.

D&D 3.5

Stocesa Island (Saturday)
    A bramble-covered island in a river holds the ruins of a robber baron's castle and (local legend says) the baron's restless spirit. Offerings left to appease this spirit seem to have lost their effect, and it's time to go see what's up. There might be captives to free or ancient treasure to find, or both, or neither/

Shadow of the Demon Lord
    The event is an expanded version of a scenario I've written for Schwab Entertainment.

15. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

I've submitted 5 events, all Circus Maximus. Three are qualifying heats (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday mornings) for the Saturday Night Final. The others are:

Wreckus Maximus (Sunday morning): Running on a figure 8 track

Moebius Maximus (after Wreckus, I hope): Running on a moebius strip but with Death Race style additions to the game

16. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

Based on the Brian Lumley books? Count. Me. IN!

17. Reidzilla

Reidzilla Level 0 Character

Here are my events:

The Mall Maul
    Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG
    Thursday, Slot 4: 2pm, 4 hours
    4-8 Players

The settlement of Neuqua has suffered a great deal do to a passing Glowblight storm. With no reserves and their fields in ruins they must look elsewhere to survive. In a vision, the settlement’s high priest has seen there is hope in the forbidden ruins of a shopping mall not to far away. Ancient legends have warned the people of Neuqua to stay far away from the unholy place but now their need is greater than their fear…

This is a 0-level funnel adventure for the Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG set in a post apocalyptic version of the Midwest. The idea is each player controls three to five 0-level PCs on a terrifying adventure that will most likely have an 80%+ mortality rate. Those PCs that survive will be able to become 1st level adventures.

Rules will be taught and dice provided, no EXP necessary. Just be ready to sacrifice your characters into the blood mill that is… ...The Mall Maul!

The Glowsalt Mines of Misery
    Friday, Slot 4: 2pm, 4 hours
    3-6 Players

The last thing you remember is partying hard after a successful delve into some mutant infested ruins. While the booze was pretty good you thought it odd that everyone at the bar, including the staff, was falling asleep around you…

...and now you are waking up in a dark, pungent cavern half naked and with a strange collar around your neck. Sounds of dozens of others waking tells you that the whole village might have been captured as well. The crack of a whip grabs your attention. Standing before you are several armored men wielding strange techno-weapons. The one holding the weird whip smirks with ill intent and announces that you all are now the permanent guests of the exalted cybersorcerer, Lord Janus the Cruel and you should consider his toxic mines to be your new home.

You have a loincloth, a pickaxe, and an attitude but will it be enough to escape the Glowsalt Mines of Misery?

No exp necessary. 3rd level characters will be provided. This event will use the Dungeon Crawl Classics rules plus material from the Crawling Under a Broken Moon fanzine.

The Fall of the Giving Star
    Saturday, Slot 4: 2pm, 4 hours
    3-6 Players

As far back as anyone can remember, the people of Aetheria have looked fondly towards the beginning of Winter as it heralds the coming of the Giving Star. During the week that it is visible in the sky, it is a time of light work and feasting where everyone exchanges gifts and many weddings take place.

This year, the sky scholars have reported a terrible tragedy as through their looking-scopes they have seen the Giving Star pulled from the sky by an eldritch energy coming from the Dark Lands. To make matters worse, there are tales of the evil warrior-lich Skull-Or preparing to summon an ancient demon, known as the Great Kramp-Os, to aid him in another attempt to destroy Aetheria before the year’s end. Can Mighty Man and the Masters of Aetheria return the Giving Star to its rightful place in the sky and stop whatever Skull-Or is planning?

No exp necessary. 5th level characters will be provided. This event will use the Dungeon Crawl Classics rules plus material from the Crawling Under a Broken Moon fanzine.

18. fmillard

fmillard Level 0 Character

At Savage Worlds of GaryCon, I'll be running the following:

Savage Gilligan's Island - "What Will the Morning Bring?" Thurs 8am and Saturday 8am
    Savage Jonny Quest - "The Dragons of the Terror Islands" Thurs 2pm
    Savage Brady Bunch - "Brady Warriors ... Come Out and Play!" Friday 10am
    Savage LOEW (Legion of Extraordinary Women) - to be announced Saturday 2pm
    Note: this last adventure will be for Women Only

No experience necessary for any event, pre-gens provided for all ... and beware, as it is Savage Worlds, characters could be in danger?!

19. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Likely run a few events in the spy genre.

The Final Flight of LZ71 (5th edition Call of Cthulhu aboard the Hindenburg)

Murderer's Moon (Marvel Superheroes Role-play featuring Iron Fist, Shang Chi, Moon Knight, Black Widow and Daredevil)

Maybe a Gangbusters event.

20. mark

mark Spellbinder

Running Civilization (1980), Divine Right (1979), and some 1E AD&D. I don't think I'll get to run Kingmaker (1974) this year though I am looking into it.