So when / how does registration work this year?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sniderman, Jan 23, 2013.

1. francisca

francisca Troubadour

You'll be in big trouble for sure if you register for that one. The DM is a serious jerk.

2. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

Hold on now, Rich. He's not always serious...
    :p

3. LastFighter

LastFighter Level 0 Character

Well I hope it gets sorted out quickly ! I am tired of clicking ;)

Looking forward to it, there are a lot of events it was hard to choose. First timer so I did not really understand the GP/SP economy that well before I signed up. There will still be things we can choose when we arrive though I would think.

Post here if anyone registers successfully for an event !

4. tellion

tellion Footpad

Donal just posted this official announcement:

All, there was a small glitch, which has been resolved. We will try to open event registration at 4:30pm EST. Sorry for any inconvenience.

5. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Uh oh: "Event Registration is currently closed until further notice."

6. LastFighter

Its like a false start in track ! Everyone back to your blocks ... :)

7. AdamaGeist

AdamaGeist Level 0 Character

The waiting is killing me. For once I actually want to do multiple events a day. XO

8. grodog

grodog Troubadour

"You have successfully added those events to your account."

:mrgreen:

9. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

IT'S ON

IT'S A GO, folks.
    May have to try refreshing if you get a server error message.

10. LastFighter

It worked ! I am really looking forward to trying these games and hopefully signing up for some new ones when I arrive since i only have 1sp left ;P

Thursday
    grodog's Castle Greyhawk -- whoo hoo
    Friday
    Caverns of Thracia -- always wanted to try this one
    Saturday
    The Battle for the Brown Hills --- first time for chain mail
    The Lost City of the Elders --- first time OD&D
    Sunday
    and Suillvan Affair --- first time CoC !

11. mark

mark Spellbinder

Done and done! :)

12. aplus

aplus Level 0 Character

So I got my high priority ones. If I go and add more, it's not going to wipe those, is it? I remember at a previous GaryCon you had to submit the comprehensive list and couldn't do it piecemeal...

13. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

My wife is on my sub-account. It's REALLY difficult to sign both of us up for a given event before its sold out since I have to do one of us, then switch account, then go find the event again.

By the time I did her stuff, the games I wanted to be in with her were sold out. Going forward, someone should think about how best to facilitate families playing together without the cumbersome account-switching. Hopefully, at the events we both want to be at will have an extra chair or something (or won't mind if I play in her stead if she cannot actually make it to the game).

14. mark

mark Spellbinder

I did mine in two goes and it worked fine.

15. spaartuk

spaartuk Level 0 Character

Other than the minor delay, that registration system is pretty slick. Nice work! (N.B. My comment may be colored by the fact that I was able to get all of my preferred events. ;) )

16. Dale

Dale Administrator

Sorry to hear that. Every year we upgrade the website with new programming to make it better. I will add this to my list to discuss with Chris & Luke after GCV is done.

We appreciate your feedback- and have fun at Gary Con!

17. snowquilter

snowquilter Level 0 Character

I'm sub on hubby's account. We were both able to log in on his account from different computers and then I was able to switch to my subaccount. Glad there isn't a limit to the number of computers you can be logged in from at a time!

18. jwagner

jwagner Level 0 Character

It's up now, but it's practically sold out.

19. MonsterMike

MonsterMike Level 0 Character

Crappy satellite internet. Heavy snow here knocked the interwebs out for me at 3:20. Finally got back on at 4:00 to register. Any of my best games left? Nooope. :evil:

20. Donal

Donal Administrator

This is the most common and ideal solution for multiple accounts out of the same household. One computer per badge.

I know a certain convention in Indy that allows 2 tickets per account, but this solution really only addresses husband/wife, father/son (not to stereotype), or close friends. Groups of friends, 3 siblings, and so on, are still left wanting.

Unfortunately, after much pondering, I'm not sure there is an ideal solution to address all cases and circumstances. But if anyone has ideas, I'm always up for hearing them.