sourvenirs poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by grodog, Sep 26, 2010.

1. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Hi Luke, Chris, and Dale---

I responded to the poll with "T-shirt only" but would also be willing to consider a cool poster: the coin was fun last year, but I'm not sure I want to spend the extra $$$ on a coin regularly, vs. as a once-in-awhile type of souvenir, and baseball hats aren't my thing :D

2. Donal

Donal Administrator

Well, you are correct. We won't be offering a Gary Con coin this year. And probably not next either. That was definitely a special souvenir that will only return once in a great while.

We could certainly do posters. We normally print a few extra anyway for display. Last year, I think a few wandered out the door on Sunday for the cost of printing them.

The t-shirt is obviously a 100%. Beyond that, we're considering a few ideas. I don't think it's a stretch to see a couple dozen ball caps get made as well. We should have most of this finalized by the end of the year and will more than likely pre-sell them before the Con.

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

They don't need to stretch if they're adjustable. ;)

(Oh, and I'll take one of those in black, please. And, please, also go with the brass adjustable not the plastic knobs-into-holes type that wind up getting ruined too easily. As a hat guy, I am a bit particular.) :)

4. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I really liked the coin. While I agree it should be something special, rather than an annual souvenir, something different like the coin would be nice to see. A pin, maybe? (Not a button -- please!) A patch? Weren't those hot again recently? Commemorative shoelaces?

Oh -- what about a nice Gary Con, Gygax-inspired Aloha shirt? I'd definitely get one of those.

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Or a TSR-throwback belt buckle like Frank talked about in an earlier thread? ;) Yeah don't do the coin again for a while. It makes mine feel all that more special. :D