Souvenir suggestions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sir jon, Mar 29, 2012.

1. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I have one rather large suggestion for future souvenirs for GaryCon -- not that this year was anything to laugh at, they were great! I think we're missing out on something even greater, in the long haul. It may be pricey and it may be inconceivable just regarding creating it, but what about an actual, official, GaryCon Aloha shirt? You know most of us gamers would wear one, I have a handful in my own closet. Tiki-wear, I call them. So, how about it? I might even have someone that might be able to do a design.

Food for thought...

2. mark

mark Spellbinder

Cool idea. :)

3. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Might be the only shirt in this style that I would ever consider :) If any words or images were hidden in the islandic patterns, that would be even cooler in my mind.

4. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Exactly my thoughts, too.

5. francisca

francisca Troubadour

This is an interesting idea.

I have another. How about a retro style baseball shirt (3/4 length sleeve), white with black sleeves, and some Tom Wham art on it. Perhaps Gygaxosaurus?

6. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I love the idea of a Hawaiin shirt like the one we always saw Gary wearing. It's truly a great idea, just imagine seeing game-masters at multiple tables all wearing a Gary-style shirt behind the screen. :D

Besides, Aloha shirts are cool!

7. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

It could be as simple as having the Gary Con logo/image silkscreened on a bunch of similar Hawaiian shirts. It could sweep the world as a universally recognized DM's uniform.

8. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Speaking of souvenirs: I forgot to buy a mini of the wizard; were there any left?

9. bighara

bighara Chevalier

I had suggested to one of the organizers that there be a Garycon refillable coffee mug. Like the souvenir beer/soda cups, but for coffee. You could get ceramic ones done as Black on White and/or White on Black with the "d20 dragon" logo on them. People buy them for $10-15 and get free/cheap coffee refills during the con.

10. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I'd buy that for $10-15. I drank more of the coffee than the soda.

11. bighara

bighara Chevalier

A lot of us old grumps did. Sometimes you want the caffeine w/o the corn syrup. :)

12. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Ooo, great idea. What about travel mugs, too? Then you could have MORE coffee and it could stay warm longer at the table, too. I hear they're fairly inexpensive to produce, too.

13. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

I share this opinion and I'd like to see something cool also for other Cons: a GC badge holder.
    Stuff like this.

14. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

'
    Someone made badge holders for the Christian Gamers Guild a few years back. They were very inexpensive to make and they were given away for free so I'm sure a GaryCon badge holder would go over well. It's also nice to have a badge holder for other reasons as well. You can use the badge holder at other Cons you attend showing that you're a GaryCon supporter as well.

FWIW, I think this is an awesome idea.

15. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Badge holders and coffe-mugs/travel mugs are both great ideas!

16. francisca

francisca Troubadour

And just to add a little bit to this: the gencon (and origins, I believe) badges are smaller than those used by GaryCon the last few years, so they'd fit just fine in one which was built for the current size used by GaryCon. (I know this because someone made me a badge holder which fits my GenCon badges just fine, but is too small for garycon's badge.)

17. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Whether or not you are considering badges, I would only like to suggest that the tickets for events be made so they can fit (width-wise) into the badge holders so they don't have to be folded and you can always carry them with you....

That is all....carry on...

18. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

I, personally, would prefer this to a Hawaiian shirt...

19. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I like that idea Rich. I was thinking of something like that at GC I. I am sure we could pull it off for GC V!

20. johnabbottnet

johnabbottnet Level 0 Character

Perhaps a puzzle to solve, or a game involved, in the words?
    Or some other words of inspiration divided between various "tiki" type of objects on the shirt?