Staying Busy in Iraq

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Melf, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that I made it to Iraq safely and I am enjoying the beautiful scenery here in southern Iraq. I am staying gainfully employed planning logistics convoys for the southern part of the country. I will definitely check out the forums periodically- but my participation will be limited. I hope to make it back in time for Gary Con III and I know that Chris and Dale amongst others are working hard to ensure everything is in place for Gary Con III.

Luke

2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Stay safe, Luke! Can we send RPG care packages?

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

Are you meeting any gamers? Stay safe and best of luck! :)

I've started a "sister"-thread for this on EN World that you can also check out when you have those rare moments to do so (and to keep other gamers informed).

http://www.enworld.org/forum/general-rp ... -iraq.html

4. tavis

tavis Footpad

Good to hear from you, Luke! Take care of yourself and let us know what we can do for you!

5. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Good luck and godspeed, Luke. Hope to see you at CG III.

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Keep those trucks a rollin' & keep them troopers safe! Great to hear from you! We will keep all of you in our prayers! Hoping to see you next March! :D

Mr. & Mrs. Keeper

7. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Hope all is going well, Luke. Please know that there are many of us here that are always thinking about and praying for those serving in the military.

Godspeed and come home safely.

GP

8. Dale

Dale Administrator

Hey Luke, I hear it gets cold there during the days. Where do you want me to send you the box of sweaters? They're big, warm, and fluffy. :p

Be safe- and we will see you in a "few" short months. Also, Woody will be attending GC III.

9. Melf

Yes its a frigid 120 today. Good thing I am a FOBbit and work indoors with AC :) I am glad Woody is finally making it to Gary Con.

10. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Stay safe, Luke.

I truly wish I'd made the career I'd planned in the Navy but...

So from one vet (100% disabled now) to one soon-to-be, come back in one piece with a sound mind.

And thank you.

11. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Who's woody?

Hey Luke . . all the best and safe journeys. God Bless you and all our troops! I look forward to seeing you and your family at GaryCON.

Peace Frog,

Rhu/Ross. :)

12. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Hi Luke! All the best and safe journeys from me too!

13. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

Glad to hear that you arrived safe & sound.

Keep your head down and get back in one piece! ;)

Keep in touch and see ya next March!

14. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Gainfully employed? Not gainfully deployed? Yuk yuk yuk.

I'll have all these cold, frosty mugs of beer in your honor... repeatedly. Mmmm frosty beer.

15. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I hope things continue to go well (well, as as well as possible) while you're there, Luke. If you need anything, please let us know!

16. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Hope all is still well, Luke!

17. welleran

welleran Footpad

Stay safe! Hopefully you'll have more free time for D&D pursuits than I did in Baghdad!

18. Melf

:evil: Grrrrr! Thats just mean spirited Jon. You know I am jonesing for a cold brew. :evil:

19. Melf

Not yet I'm afraid. I am working 12+ everyday. Still looking for a day off somehow. But I did nring some games with me just in case.

20. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I'm such a bastard. Not so much that I'd try and get New Glarus to ship out a case or 10 in unmarked boxes to your location... no, that'd be something someone else (Dale) might say.