Staying Busy in Iraq

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Melf, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Dale

Dale Administrator

I might ship him 10 empty New Glarus bottles- and let him know how awesome they tasted. :p

2. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

That is awesomely cruel.

3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Dale. I'll remember that next year at Gary Con. You wanted to play in what game- damn thats full. Go back and work the desk. :evil:

4. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Looks like someone's pulling CQ.

5. Dale

Dale Administrator

*Zombie voice*
    Yes master, I will obey. Frank Mentzer is all I ask. It will be 3 years...
    *Zombie voice*

Hey, does this mean I lose my "Hero" title and it gets replaced with "Melf's bitch"? ;)

6. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I thought you only got this title after disappearing on a Taco Bell run.

7. Dale

Dale Administrator

Hahaha. I forgot about that incident. You are correct- scratch that. I am still Hero, although in my mind- Greek God. ;)

8. Melf

Hi All,

Just a quick update. I have gotten into a rhythm here and I do not feel like I am constantly deinking from a firehose. I even get a day off on Sundays usually :D I do feel like I am Bill Murray in Groundhog Day though. It all runs together here- same routine day in and day out. I did have some excitement yesterday courtesy of some chinese rockets dleivered by our friendly neighborhood insurgents. Fortuntely no one was seriously injured at my location. Other bases were not so lucky yesterday.

Tomorrow I am going to test my running capabilities in a 10 miler. I suspect I will walk for a portion :oops:

Luke

9. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Sounds like fun!! I'm ready for a '10 footer!'
    (Keeper dashes to the fridge for a Spotted Cow, dashes back to the recliner.)
    I've always been sort of a sprinter. :D

10. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Thank you for serving, Luke. I'm proud to know you. Hey, if you see any of those huge, weird looking desert insects, take a picture! Some of them look even nastier than the stuff your dad dreamed up . . . if that's possible! ;)

Cheers,
    Jeff T.

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Yeah, like a camel spider!

12. Melf

Time keeps ticking along. I am heading home tomorrow for a couple weeks of R&R- travel will take about 2 days all told. I hope to make it back before my wife delivers the newest Gygax :D We are expecting a baby girl, Yasmine Amira. I will post up pics if I have a minute to spare. I imagine I will be pretty busy helping my wife and reconnecting with my 3 year old daughter, Miriam.

Luke

13. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Congrats, Luke.

14. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Welcome home soldier, even if it's only for a brief time, & congradulation on the new little G. :)

15. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Yes, welcome home for a brief spell. I'm sure your family is most eager to see you again. Congrats on your second daughter! Girls are so much easier than boys (in the early years, anyway)... :D

16. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Wow! Congrats!!! :D

17. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Hope you are having safe travels, and that the delivery goes quickly and smoothly for mom and baby.