TARGA organizes Pledge-An-Auction for Gygax Family Memorial

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chgowiz, Jan 22, 2010.

1. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

TARGA (Traditional Adventure Roleplaying Game Association) is organizing the 2010 Pledge-An-Auction drive in support of GaryCon 2 and the Gygax Family Memorial for this and future Gary Cons as well as to help funding a memorial statue in honor of Gary. Come join our virtual auction and help us to present a great donation to Luke Gygax at GaryCon 2 this year! Starts on January 25th!

I will be putting up a complete copy of Outdoor Survival on the 25th.

I won't be able to be there at GaryCon 2, but Aaron Kesher and Victor Raymond will be representing TARGA and presenting our donation to Luke. We really hope that if you weren't able to put an item up in the auction to be held at GaryCon, that you'd consider participating in our Virtual Auction instead.

TARGA is also kicking off the International Traditional Gaming Week 2010 (the week of March 21st through March 27th) with our participation at GaryCon 2 and will conclude with a series of games on March 27th, including a Dave Arneson tribute game to be held in New York City. More information on the ITGW 2010 page.

2. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Sounds great! I have something to add to your FAQ.

"What if I don't have any old-school-goodness of value to auction off? Can I donate cash?"

3. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

TARGA has more fund raising auctions going on as we continue our Gygax Family Memorial fundraising.

Original castle Illustration from Gary Gygax RPG book - Ebay - Ends Feb 11, 2010
    Original Tavern/Gnome Illustration for RPG Adventure - Ebay - Ends Feb 11, 2010
    The Dungeoneer #2 - D&D Fanzine very rare! - Ebay - Ends Feb 12, 2010

The first two are original/signed illustrations by Mark Allen/marjasall. You've been seeing a lot of Mark lately, from the cover of the Whitebox Boxed set and 2nd printing, to Fight On! magazine. The third item has been donated by Victor Raymond from his personal collection.

We've already sold a copy of Outdoor Survival - and we know more items will be auctioned off starting next week - including some Traveller stuff!

If you have any items that you'd like to donate to our fundraiser, we'd appreciate it! See this webpage for more information. And thank you very much for your support!

(And yes, Druvas, on that page is a link to a Paypal donation "box" where you can donate to the TARGA GaryCon/Gygax Family Memorial fundraiser. Thank you!)

4. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

We've collected almost $300 so far - but we still have time for more items! If you're not going to be able to bring an item to GaryCon, please consider putting it on ebay and donating the proceeds through our Pledge-An-Auction drive. Aaron and Victor will be presenting Luke with a check from TARGA during GaryCon and we'd love to make sure it's a significant amount.