The 2010 Bears (and Steelers)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by ScottyG, Aug 3, 2010.

1. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Luke, I hate to break it to you already, but these Bears aren't going anywhere. It sounds like Cutler is having a hard time getting Martz's system, and when he's not comfortable, he's terrible. The recievers are OK, and if Cutler plays well they could develop a good West Coast Offense style short passing game, But they need to make up their mind with the running back position. The defense doesn't look as good as you'd expect up front with the addition of Peppers, and the secondary is looking thin. The run stop seems to be OK.

The Steelers look pretty good, except at quarterback. They've upgraded in almost every area. If they can at least split the first four games of the season, without Roethlisberger, then they could be set for a serious run when he comes back.

My son Liam was born at half time during the Steelers/Bears game last year. I wish he would have waited for the second half so I wouldn't have to have watched the Steelers wilt and give the game away.

2. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Scotty,

Let's see what the season brings. The Bears generally find a way to underperform, but I will maintain my optimism and predict Bears in the superbowl this year! Hell yeah! Thieves 6-10 just because i don't like them. :shock:

3. ghul

ghul Chevalier

Isn't it obvious that the Patriots of New England will win the superbowl? :p

4. Dale

Dale Administrator

Hold up, wait a minute- let me put some Dolphins in it.

//Go Fish!
    // You know you want to cheer them on Luke. Come to the Darkside.

5. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Luke, I'm a fan of da Bears. I've been following their camp news. I think Lovie Smith has to go. I don't question his knowledge, play calling, etc, but I don't think he has the personality to lead and motivate the players. PLus, I still think the Cutler deal was a bad one, and one they'll be feeling the effects of for a while.

While the Steelers have gotten better, so have the other division contenders, so who knows where they stand. I think they can go far if they can go .500 or better in the first four games. Also, they have great starters, but not a lot of depth at most positions, so avoiding injuries is big.

The Patriots are like the Roman Empire circa 400 AD, still on the map but only a shadow of their former grandness and fading fast.

And those 'Fins. They under-performed last year, so it shouldn't be too hard to have a better record. Their passing game should be better, but the running game might drop a little. They're not great at QB, but they're still a run first team, and the recievers' talent can make Henne look better than he is. They'll be OK as long as they aren't in a 'forced to pass' situation. The defense is OK, but not game winning good. Which is why the were sub .500 last year. When you want to be a run first, ball control team, your defense has to be able to come up with more big stops.

6. ghul

ghul Chevalier

:x

I'm gonna punch you on the nose, Scotty G!

:?

(sorry, that's the best I got at the moment...)

7. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Well, it DOES get your point across.

8. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

They should still beat the Dolphins though.

9. Dale

Dale Administrator

HEY! Don't be slighting the Fins.

They are better than the Bears! :p

10. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Nah, Dolphins are just big salmon, as far as the Bears are concerned.

11. jwk82263

jwk82263 Level 0 Character

How do you keep Bears out of your front yard?????????????

Paint it to look like an endzone.

12. Dale

Dale Administrator

Oh snap! That's pretty funny! Hahahaha.

13. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I know it's preseason, but.....

Raiders!

14. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Raiders?! How are you liking your new (our old) QB?

Clearly the Redskins will dominate this year.

Yeah, I said that with a straight face. :D

15. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Born and raised in the SF East Bay Area. I have to go with my home teams. As for the new QB, I've only seen him in one game so I can't say whether or not he's worth it. I'm still waiting for Al Davis to die, though.

16. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

<snickers> Oh, he's AWESOME! You're gonna love em'. :twisted:

17. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

If I didn't know better (e.g. just falling off the turnip truck), I would say you're trying to have fun at my expense. But, since you're a 'Skins fan I have to chalk it up to schadenfreude.