The Auction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rhuvein, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Hi everyone.

I was involved in the Le Mans game, so missed the entire auction. I glimpsed some items that were available, and have seen some pics, but really don't know how it went.

So . . how was it? Any particularly great items? Did it look like the auction generated good returns to help fund next year?

Thanks for any comments.

Rhu. :)

2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Video coming shortly, with most of the auction...

3. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

The auction was a great success for Gary Con and many folks picked up goodies for excellent prices too. We have some seed monies for Gary Con III- which is much needed. My wife gave me the stink eye :evil: when I raided the saving to front GC II :eek:

4. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

i got a full set of the American Civil War. gonna play it at Gen Con.

also picked up a copy of Tim Kask's adventure module. like i did last year. :D

and a GC coin.

5. Melf

Not just a Gary Con coin- number 001 of 100 coins went at the auction.

I bought an original TITAN boardgame donated by Ollie Cahoon. It was the display at the old Dungeon Hobby Shop and was the last game left in the store. Ollie managed to pick it up for himself all those years ago. Now it belongs to Ernie since I promised him I'd find a copy for him a couple years ago (before I knew how much they cost :shock: )

6. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Can y'all post a list of the many auction items (including silent auction), and how much they weent for?

Inquiring minds want to know...

7. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Well, I got some nice maps for $20 each. I can't believe it! Those TSR trail maps of the Eastern and Western countries are amazing and I can't believe it. What a steal!

Oh, and I picked up this picture of Elise (which Luke's already mentioned) for a little over $40. Contrary to popular belief, I did not win as many items as some may have thought though I did bid on quite a few auctions. However, some items I wanted broke my "stop" mark so I had to stop.

I really did want that painting but my wife would have seriously hurt me if I'd spent that much money. (Though I think the painting is definitely worth it.)

8. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

for me it was $40 for American Civil War
    $250 for Tim's adventure module
    $150 for the GC coin

edit: and the GaryCon I shirt i donated went for $40 iirc.

9. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I'm curious how much the Mazes & Monsters movie plus hammer sold for.....that would be interesting to see. Oh, and is there video of it being destroyed? I hope so. :lol:

10. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

last bid i saw was at $10. i think the hammer was worth more than that. :lol:

11. Melf

I purchased the Titan game for $250. And I believe the Mazes and Monsters w/ hammer went for $15. The dieties and demi-gods OD&D supplement (7th printing) with both signatures went for $80.

12. Dale

Dale Administrator

Final bid was $15. I liked the hammer touch.

:p

13. Dale

Dale Administrator

I bought the Peter Bradley sketch. Are you kidding? $23. I think that was a steal.

He is a really good artist. Also, there were several Jolly sketches that went hella cheap- another great artist. ;)

14. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

I actually won the M&M+hammer, though I was only trying to bid it up, not take it back to CT with us! (My buddy Jon contributed it.) There will absolutely be a video, Geek Preacher.

15. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Wow . . great stuff and great fun!! :)

16. ElectricBoogaloo

ElectricBoogaloo Level 0 Character

I picked up the autographed Lejedary Rules for all Players for $28.
    My dice are gonna be getting a fame rub off that one in those life or death situations.

17. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Okay, I guess "shortly" is only relative, with 9 HOURS of encoding! :shock: I hope there aren't any editing errors.

18. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

also iirc Frank only won 1 item in the auction for $30

19. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Your welcome. ;)

20. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I won the Jeff Easley signed print of Dragons of Hope for $35. Love it. Wife; not so much... It will go over her desk next to her diplomas. :twisted: