The sweetest monster book browsing ever.

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Druvas, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

So my daughter (4 1/2) saw my Fiend Folio and wanted to look through it with me. She climbed up on my lap and we went page by page through the entire thing. I glossed over the demons, daemons, and devils, but she loved the picture of Lolth, the Kelpie (she liked the boobs... go figure), and the Pan Lung Dragon. I'll make a gamer out of her yet! Tomorrow night, the Monster Manual. She might recognize some of those monsters a bit more from Disney and other cartoons...

2. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

My daughter is almost 11 now but she's always enjoyed looking at the pictures in my gaming books. WOTC actually put out a few decent books that were gamer/kid related a few years back (I'll have to find them...can't remember the title) and they were awesome. I remember seeing the picture of the snow worm (remorhaz?) and it also had an outline of tunnels it could live in along with a description and a brief paragraph or two story. It was great and we loved reading it together.

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Wow! I'd love to see that! Let me know if you find out what it was called and I'll prolly try to eBay that sucker!

4. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I started out around her age, but for me it was MMII and the modrons that fueled my obsession...lol

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

MM1 is on the menu for tonight! MM2 after I return from MarsCon2010 in Williamsburg, Va this weekend. :D

6. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

All I can say is good on you. I only wish my parents were as enthusiastic in sharing their hobbies with me. Have you considered also introducing her to chess? :)

7. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I'm working on Scrabble as well. Maybe another year or two fro chess. She can't sit still for that long yet! :D

8. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Nice! I don't think I got started on Scrabble until I was like 8 and that was Junior Scrabble...lol