Thinking back to 9 years ago...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Druvas, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Hey all, I just thought I'd carve a little space right here in memory of the people that we lost 9 years ago today.

I can remember being in Delaware on the last day of my vacation. I was shaving and my folks told me a plane hit one of the towers. I assumed it was a cessna or something and I went to watch the news a bit. And then the second plane struck. I remember feeling like throwing up as it became pretty clear that terrorists had committed a horrible crime against all humanity. And then the Pentagon, which is not too far from where I live... And Shanksville. What an awful day.

It seems silly looking back, but as I drove home on deserted highways from Delaware to Virginia, I remember being a bit freaked out driving across the Chesapeake Bay Bridge wondering if this was some widespread attack on all sorts of major infrastructure.

I wish this day didn't fill me with such anger but it does. I have friends that were working in the Pentagon that day and am so thankful that they survived. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have a friend or relative that died in the attacks. Anyway, one day I hope I can forgive, though I will never forget.