Tickets for key events?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Whoopi Cat, Oct 18, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Whoopi Cat

Whoopi Cat Level 0 Character

Hey all,

Can anyone tell me what kinds of tickets are required for the following key events:

Jousting tourney
    DCC celebrity game
    D&D celebrity game

I'm taking my godson this year (he's 22) and really want to make sure we blow the doors off it.

Really looking forward to this.

2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

You'll need event tickets to play in events (or you can walk-up, but it's like being on standby). Event tickets are acquired during Event Registration, but I don't believe a date has been set for that yet.

To get into Event Registration, you need a badge. The different badge levels are silver, gold, platinum, diamond, spectator and youth. Diamond, platinum and gold are sold out. Youth is for 8 and under gamers. Spectator badges don't allow you to play.

The jousting tournament takes place most of the weekend. Tickets are essentially unlimited (I'm not even sure if you need one) and you can show up whenever the table is being manned (most of the weekend) to play.

Celebrity games are among the most popular events. To get into a celebrity game, you'll probably need a diamond, platinum or gold badge, as they give you early access to register for games. If you have quick fingers, you might get one via a silver badge.

If you don't get into either celebrity event, though, there are tons and tons of great games to choose from at GaryCon. Have an open mind and you'll have fun.

Poindexter likes this.
  3. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

That about covers it.
    There are no tickets needed or used for the Joust. You just need to bring an opponent. Or cajole or taunt a bystander into fighting you.

Poindexter and dndgeek like this.
  4. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

I agree with what has been posted. I would be stunned if anyone could get into either of those celebrity games without a diamond, platinum, or gold badge (and a gold may not cut it, either).

5. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

I highly doubt a gold will get in. One would have a to make a seriously difficult Luck Check....

6. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

We actually reserve a portion of the the tickets for the premiere events for silver badges. So, yes, you'll need quick fingers, but there's at least a fighting chance.

7. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Cue Star Trek Captain Kirk fight music...

Poindexter and Melf like this.
  8. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for pointing that out Thomas. There will be some seats available for "the big games" during each registration period. I think that there are so many excellent games submitted each year by attendees that the overall caliber of gaming is very high. So a thank you to all of you guys that give your time to help keep GC fantastic.

Luke

dndgeek and Poindexter like this.