Too Late for Event Submission?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by piperdog, Jan 15, 2010.

1. piperdog

piperdog Level 0 Character

Any chance I can still submit an official event or two, or is it really too late?

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

From what I understand you may still submit an event it just may not be included in the catalog. There will probably be a sign up sheet at the front desk when the convention begins. Hope this helps.

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

I would submit it tonight, because I think Luke has plans to get it to me by Monday for formatting and to get it set for printing by the Troll Lords.

BTW... Steve & the Troll Lords guys are awesome!

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

I'm sorry. Prinnnn-ting? I'm not familiar with that term. Isn't there a perfectly serviceable mimeographing device in the sub-level?[/Monty Burns]

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I'll explain; It's a VERY archaic process in which a substance called 'ink' is applied to a piece of parchment. The 'ink' is dark in color, the parchment normally is white, a sharp contrast. The 'ink' is used to form symbols which in turn form letters & then words. The words then form sentences which communicate thoughts & ideas to the one deciphering them. An example of these items be found at a local library; an archaic building were hundreds of tombs are kept.

6. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I di have a couple recent event submissions that came across as garbled and unintelligible. One was an OD&D game and the other was Mentzer Basic D&D. If these sound like your events (submitted in January) please PM me with the info and I'll try to get them in the book. Thanks!

Luke

7. piperdog

piperdog Level 0 Character

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I can't pin my wife down on this trip. Her sister lives in the Milwaukee area, and her husband is a fellow gamer as well....so the idea was a disguised family trip where the guys could escape to the con. Ah wedlock.

At any rate, I guess I will have to run open games when I get there. I plan on running some Castles and Crusades stuff at a minimum.

8. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Gary Con I was all open gaming. I imagine the majority of gaming will be open gaming this year too. The incentive to register early is to reserve a seat in one of the featured events- with one of the Old Guard or other rare event. Good news is that Kenzer & co and others will run some open gaming events too.

See you in March!

Luke

9. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I know I'll be bringing a mini-library of games each day. As well as running 'Von Deekin's Wings of War' each morning of the convention. Early-bird gets the Fokker!! :lol: :D

10. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I'm sooooo bringing my Rules Cyclopedia, maybe even Alternity.