Tower of Gygax: Looking for a few good DMs

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by Donal, Jul 20, 2009.

1. Donal

Donal Administrator

Attention Gen Con 2009 attendees!

This year’s successor event to the 2008 Tower of Gygax is the appropriately named Return to the Tower of Gygax. This is an old school, AD&D 1st edition event. While we do have a fair number of volunteer DMs already, we are still looking for more. Last year’s event ran continuously for all 80 hours of Gen Con (8am on Thursday until 4pm on Sunday) and we’re hoping to repeat the feat this year.

The main prerequisites are a familiarity with 1st edition AD&D as well as a 2 hour DMing commitment (1 slot). Everything else will be provided. If you can DM for 2 or more slots, please let me know ASAP as some additional DM perks may still be available.

For those not attending Gen Con 2009, but who would still be interested in contributing, we are still looking for a few more rooms for the free-flowing dungeon that is the Tower of Gygax. Please contact me for more details regarding this.

2. tavis

tavis Footpad

I ran two shifts last year - Saturday from midnight to 2 and then 2 until 4 - and had a great time running a trap room and a 60's-era homage to Sturmgeschutz & Sorcery. I'm eager to do it again this year and hope to see some of y'all there!

3. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Man, I'd love to run a Tower of Gygax adventure (especially after what happened last year....that's a fun story. Suffice it to say, I am not a stalker of Frank Mentzer!) but am not sure if I'd be up on the rules. It's been a while since I've run 1E and would love to do so again but think it would be better if I play.

If there's some other way I can assist, please let me know. I'm willing to volunteer at least two hours of my time.

GP

4. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I ran one of the Tower Of Gygax rooms for Gen Con 2008, The Twilight Garden. Had a blast!

5. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Are there any plans to publish a "Return to the Tower of Gygax" codex, like was done with the "Tower of Gygax"? I'd like to read some of them, as I could not get into a game.

6. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Anyone......? Anyone.....? Bueller.....?

7. Donal

Donal Administrator

Although I'm involved in the TOG, I'm not involved in the publication. Last year, it was publicized just before Gen Con. So keep your eyes open.

8. I'll be your huckleberry.