Twas the nite before Garycon 3...........

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Feb 1, 2011.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I was thinkin', which normally gets me in trouble, about talking to the owner at our new FLGS in Lake Geneva about doing a Pre-Garycon Gaming Get Together at his store. Would plan to do this the evening before GC3 begins.
    Would anyone be interested in this?
    He has 5-6 tables, soda machine, snacks available, yada, yada, etc.
    I thought it would be a nice location for those looking for some place to game, instead of their hotel rooms. I would be willing to drag some games with, or maybe have the store do a Magic tourney, or somethin'. Any thoughts?

2. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

Address? I'll put a new pin on my "places to go while in the US" map.

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Lake Geneva Games
    918 S. Wells St.
    Lake Geneva, Wi. 53147
    (It's on Facebook.) :eek:

It is about a 3 minute drive from where you will be staying.

4. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I'd go but I don't want it to get in the way of The Next Door Pub visit that night. That's part of the "magic" for me. :)

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Mama & I will probably hit the NDP around 4:00-4:30pm. Gonna get dinner over with early, to avoid the crowd. That will give us the rest of the evening to do something............

6. Ernie

Ernie Level 0 Character

Although I want to promote Lake Geneva's only Hobby Store... I will be having board games at my house Tuesday night before the con and every evening up til Monday night after the Convention. I've also got a half-barrel of Spotted Cow and God knows whatever to get drained.

7. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

OH SURE!!! BRIBE EVERYONE WITH SPOTTED COW!!!! :lol:

8. deogolf

deogolf Chevalier

That would work on me I'll tell ya! ;)

9. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Decisions Decisions. Okay, I have the deciding factor. Which place, Ernie's or the gaming store, is more likely to have scantilly clad serving ladies? If neither, that Spotted Cow is a serious consideration... :)

I may or may not be in LG by 4pm. I am flying in to Milwaukee and linking up with my friend Jason for an afternoon of hangin' out there. I might not make it to LG until 6 or 7. Not totally sure yet about times...

10. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Lake Geneva + Spotted Cow + Ernie + gaming. I don't get the draw, unless of course you're one of those types that likes history, beer, friends or gaming.

11. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

Hey Ernie, if my invite still stands, I plan to be there after the NDP, just like last year (except no Gianfranco to exact revenge upon).

12. Ernie

Ernie Level 0 Character

Certainly Tim it will be a pleasure to listen to your gaming rap as we all struggle to be victorious at the assorted games played each evening. Space is limited. One inside gaming table with up to 7 players a couch for movie watching over the game and then two card tables on the screen porch for games or for those who need to smoke.

I will be having games though from Tuesday March 22nd - Monday March 28th. Admission: All must be prepared to pet the Guard Dog Rubeeka. Any who wish to add beverages or snacks to the general pool are welcome to add to the festivities.

13. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I know a fairly good number of people are staying through till' Monday. I'd love to swing over Sunday night after GC3 wraps up and do a little gaming if the offer is still open. I will have 2 others in tow that I can think of. Thursday night may be an option as well.