Upcoming Movies of potential interest

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by tstone, Oct 26, 2009.

1. tstone

tstone Level 0 Character

Well, the Hobbit is on the way...as well as a Highlander remake and a sequel to Sword and the Sorceror.

2. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Re: Recent movies I've seen that are definitely worthwhile...

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

One word:

SCHWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! I know it's next to impossible, but I still think Arnie would make a good Conan. Maybe King Conan at this point, but...

4. tstone

tstone Level 0 Character

Personally, I'm looking forward to the Robert Rodriquez produced Red Sonja film starring Rose McGowan coming out next year. Sounds like it will be leagues better than that piece of crap that was out in the 80s. Promises old skewl sword and sorcery action, with fights, blood and nudity.

Awesome!

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I'd love to see a nude Rose McGowan. :D In fact, Charmed should have had an all nude episode. :lol:

6. kveldulf

kveldulf Chevalier

I second that. The only thing better than that would be live filming of said episode in my apartment.

7. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

:lol:

8. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I like Rose McGowan but do you really think she can pull off Red Sonja? While she was okay in Grindhouse, I just don't see her doing Red Sonja well. Hope I'm wrong on that front.

9. tstone

tstone Level 0 Character

With the talent behind her and the competent job she did in Grindhouse, I'm willing to give her a chance.

10. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Rose is not high on my list of people to play Red Sonja - I mean she's *okay*... Did not see Grindhouse. She just does not have an athletic build. She tramps up pretty well, but she is not a natural smokin' hot babe IMO. Maybe we'll have to start a new thread to explore the best female to play Red Sonja? Who has the looks, athletasism, etc to do a great job in that role. It would also be amusing to do: who would be great, if only...(i.e. Mrs Xyz would be great if only she could look good running).

I have not seen Transformers 2 yet - heard it was bad, but has twice as many hot chicks - tough call. I thought Transformer 1 was decent.

Other Fantasy type flicks coming up over the next few years:
    Last Battle Dreamer
    Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief
    The Wolfman
    How to Train Your Dragon
    Clash of the Titans
    Prince of Persia: Sands of Time
    Sorcerer's Apprentice
    Last Airbender (?)
    Guardians of Ga'Hoole
    Your Highness
    Harry Potter Deadly Hollows 1 & 2
    Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
    Conan
    Red Sonja
    Valhalla Rising
    Underworld 4
    Thor
    Hobbit 1 (Dec 2011)
    Hobbit 2 (Dec 2012)
    (looks like the Barbarella remake got nixed)

Sci-fi flicks:
    Quantum Quest
    Daybreakers
    Book of Eli
    Legion
    Iron Man 2
    Jonah Hex
    Resident Evil: Afterlife
    Priest
    Battle: Los Angeles
    Terminator 5 (Terminator Salvation 2)

11. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

You know, that list of movies coming up over the next few years makes me happy to be a geek. In fact, it made me smile 'cause even if some of them suck overall I think I'll at least get a few gems out of the pile.

However, I AM NOT looking forward to the one that I did not see on the list: Solomon Kane. The trailer alone really has me cheesed off. SK is acting like doing this sort of thing will "send his soul to hell." That's BS.....in the books he's the servant of G-d nixing all kinds of evil and it's a GOOD THING. *sigh* Hate it when they mess with my favorites.

12. tstone

tstone Level 0 Character

Not the first time RE Howard's work has been done wrong. Kull was bad, as was the 80s Red Sonja film. However, I've got hopes for the new RS film, and the new Conan in the works.

13. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Conan / Red Sonja update.

Conan still supposed to be sometime this year. Starring: Jason Momoa as Conan, Rachel Nichols, Stephen Lang, Bob Sapp, Leo Howard, Ron Perlman, Said Taghmaoui, Rose McGowan as an evil witch. Personally I think Jason Momoa is too small to play Conan.

Red Sonja also allegedly is still slated for a 2010 release, although there was one report that filming had been delayed by injuries Rose suffered on Planet Terror

14. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

So did anyone bother to see Conan? Worthwhile? Any/sufficient redeeming qualities? I have not bothered to see it based on the terrible reviews. However, the fact that some said Conan was a lot like Pathfinder and I kind of liked Pathfinder made me wonder just a little.

15. mark

mark Spellbinder

16. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Conan was an okay Sword and Sorcery flick but it wasn't REH's Conan or the Savage Sword of Conan many of us are familiar with from the 70s and 80s. Go to it with some gamers and have some laughs or rent it for a fun afternoon. It's not something I'd rush out to see again.