Volunteering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mountanlion81, Sep 29, 2013.

1. mountanlion81

mountanlion81 Level 0 Character

Aloha,

My wife and I are flying out from Hilo next spring for out first Gary-con and we would like to know if there are any volunteer positions available. If so, we definitely want to sign up to pitch in! Mahalo Nui Loa for any info - J

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

Hello, and we look forward to you attending Gary Con!

Your first year should be filled with games, fun, and meeting new friends.

Talk to us at the show to see if we need any help, but our returning staff of volunteers should be able to handle the event. But, you can never tell. ;)

3. osarious

osarious Chevalier

Look for the Petrie's to volunteer in full force this year. (At least that is the plan for now.)

4. mountanlion81

5. mountanlion81

Thanks for the info

6. ishkreshalda

ishkreshalda Level 0 Character

If you followed the instructions listed under "Volunteers" back on the home page and sent in an email, then you should be contacted when the time comes to start organizing the volunteers. At least that's how it worked when I first volunteered. Pretty much everything else I could tell you is already listed there under the "Volunteers" link.

7. Dale

Dale Administrator

We have a list of people who have asked to help out (in anyway they can). We greatly appreciate those that express a willingness to help make Gary Con a success.

Usually, those that get selected are known by the Staff. These are attendees that we've come to know & trust, because when you're a volunteer you represent us. It's important to make sure that we have the right people helping us. We need to know that you are positive, helpful, and can be interact with the attendees in a professional manner.

So, come to Gary Con expecting to have a great time in gaming, making new friends, and talking to those that shaped the gaming world. If you get to volunteer- excellent. If not, you can always do what so many attendees do: pick up trash from the table (for the next group coming to play), assist fellow gamers with any problems they may be having, and be a friend to those that are next to you.

I hope this helps understand the process of becoming a volunteer.

Dale