Von Deekin's Gary Con 3 Game Events

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Aug 15, 2010.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

To kewl! Looking forward to meeting & gaming with all "newbies." :)

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Okay folks,
    Here's the update for the Axis & Allies: Global 1940 tournament I will be running at GC 3;
    It will be a six player tourney using Larry Harris' current Alpha 2 rules set. (There is a mistake in the event catalog that states it is available to '7' players. '6' players will be the limit!)
    The game will begin at noon on Friday, March 25th & end at 8:00pm that evening. Two winners will be determined, by points scored, at the end of the event. One Axis, one Allied. I will be using a modified version of the original rules to determine points scored & who the winners will be.
    For those that want to bone-up on the Alpha-2 rules here's the link........ http://www.harrisgamedesign.com/phpBB3/ ... =40&t=4167
    & for those that want to see what the mapboard looks like here that is........
    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/7810 ... size=large
    I'am really looking forward to running this tournament at Garycon & promise all envolved an unforgetable time.
    The event catalog number for this is 41203.

3. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Well, the registration schedule for games was pretty tough this year. Deek, I'm definitely in for at least 1 (if not more) Wings of War games, but finding an 8 hour block for Axis and Allies is gonna be tough! I will if I can!

4. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I've put down for the Friday 8AM Wings of War. If I don't get in then here's to hoping I can squeeze into the Saturday 8AM Wings of War ;)

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I just picked up Z-man Games re-release of Tom Wham / Rob Kuntz "Kings & Things." GOD, is this game fun, or what!! (Little plastc forts are kewl, too!) :D I will probably drag it with for open gaming (& I just gotta get the "GUYS" to sign my copy).
    With the events I am running, & all the other games I want to play, I might have to rent a U-Haul just to get 'em all there. :lol:

COME ON MARCH!! :D

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

..........AND, you gotta sign up for the Saturday, 10:am slot, that's when the GRAND PRIZE is awarded. Any player that survives in one of the first two events, Friday & Saturday at 8:00am, gets to bring that 'pilot' into the final game with all 'previously scored' points .
    (Sort a like painting a giant target on your back.)
    OH! I almost forgot.........Mid-Air collisions WILL be "turned on" for the final event.
    (BIGGER TARGET!)
    (That Von Deekin is :twisted: )
    ..giggle, giggle, 'snort'...