Von Deekin's "Wings of War" Homerules

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by the keeper, Apr 10, 2010.

1. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I know a few people have been waiting patiently for my homerules for "Wings of War" & you wait is almost over. To explain in depth, right after Garycon 2 my good old reliable computer, whom I called 'Margie' (to honor Richard Ira Bong), took that final nose dive, crashed & burned! Twas a sad, sad day. :cry:
    When 'Margie' left she took with her all my graphs & charts that I had designed for my homerules for "Wings." 'Margies' replacement, 'Gohrt', is a great machine, but doesn't have all the familiar 'bells & whistles' the old girl had, so I've been forced to recreate, painstakingly, BY HAND, all my minds work. (Scribble, scribble, scribble.........GROAN!!!!! "DAMMIT!" ERASE!! ERASE!!) :evil:
    Hopefully, I will begin scanning these charts over the weekend & should be e-mailing the homerules within the next couple of days to all those anxious pilots. :D After you received these rules, if any questions arise, or you spot an error, please PM me via this website & I'll do my best to rectify the situation.
    Thanks for waiting & keep 'em flying!
    The Keeper
    a.k.a. Von Deekin

2. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Wait, wait! How did the old computer crash and burn? Do you still have it and most importantly the hard drive? If the HD is OK, it could be slaved into another computer and accessed. Lemeno.

:)

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Margie's at a friends, to see what he can do with it. I know it can be 'slaved', just don't have the time to screw around with it. During my salesman days with Radio Shack I was top in sales in the S.E. Wisconsin district for almost a year. Know how? Computer sales........so, I do know my way around them, sorta. Besides, Margie ran ME & Gohrt's an '07 kinda guy. Thanks for the advice. :)

The Keeper
    A.K.A. Jack of all trades, Master of some.............

4. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

So, you worked for The Shack as well, eh? I was working for them a few years ago before I returned to full-time ministry. It sure does help to have computer know-how when you're selling the merchandise. I'm about to have to do something similar so I can wipe some old hard drives before I get rid of some old systems.

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Okay Guys, FINALLY got everything copied & sent it to your e-mail accounts today. :D Written instructions will follow in a few days, when I'am not running around like a chicken with it's head cut-off!!!
    Later,
    The Keeper

6. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Yeah, I did a couple part-time, holiday seasons with them when the store manager, (a real great guy) asked me to work full time. As my own delivery service was pretty much going into the crapper, was going thru a divorce & trying to raise three munchkins, I said, "SURE!". (Gawd! Hindsight is 20/20!)
    After doing full time sales for a few months the store manager put my name in for manager training. I said, "SURE!" (Some form of thought process would've been smart here & my mouth doesn't normally get me into that much trouble.) Now, I was working two full time job, doing manager training 3 days a week, raising three kids (on my own) & still going thru a divorce!
    Got totally burnt-out after 5 months, said "SCREW THIS!" Went to work as a factory grunt & been happy ever since. (Except for that 'gamestore' fiasco.) :cry:
    Looking back, I realize now that for an entire year my brain was on hiatus. :?
    At least now my only worry is remembering where I put the T.V. remote. :D