VTT Gary Con XII - Event Data Analysis

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gizmomathboy, Mar 16, 2020.

1. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

As of 2020-03-28_09-32-30

number of events: 659

total_seats: 12,158, available_seats: 7,193

number of badges 1,991

Poindexter likes this.
  2. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

As of 2020-03-29_11-27-32

number of events: 660

total_seats: 12,166, available_seats: 7,109

number of badges 2,049

Poindexter likes this.
  3. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

As of 2020-03-30_08-12-27
    number of events: 660

total_seats: 12,166, available_seats: 7,110

number of badges 2,059

I wonder what active participation was like.

I ran 1 event and was in 2 VGC events.

I had 2 drop out of my event (busy with life stuff IIRC). In the others, I think maybe 1 for each. Which is pretty good attendance actually.

As a friend said, this was "more than, 'better than nothing'".

I think lots of folks were able to realize they can run online games. Folks will find the tools that suit them and we'll probably see more gaming done now. Maybe as not as much as before, but more than we could expect in the middle of a pandemic.

Poindexter likes this.
  4. paul j. stormberg

paul j. stormberg Chevalier

Howdy Joe,

I had 5 events with 42 tickets for players with 42 tickets claimed, although that fluctuated from 39-42 over the course of VGC. There were 3 people who initially bowed out due to technical difficulties and then 5 more bailed in my last game, all at once, when I suggested I would log out and log back in in 5 minutes. I did and 4 other players did but 5 dropped and never came back. I was sad but the 4 guys who showed up were ready to go and we adventured for 5 hours and had a great time--despite the TPK!

Thus my participation rate was 34 out of 42. I ran 24.5 hours of games despite being scheduled for 20 hours as the late night games could just keep going without conflict.

Futures Bright,

Paul

SoulCatcher78, Poindexter and jim like this.
  5. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Ended up dropping two due to audio and connection issues. Ran into bandwidth issues on two but both still ran and completed. Four ran without issues.

6. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

I signed up to play 7 games. Only three went as scheduled. Two cancelled due to GM illness (different GMs), one due to technical issues. The other cancelled due to a lack of players. Myself and one other player showed up, but two players cancelled their tickets late and two players never showed up. Fortunately, I was able to find another game to replace them. Three were part of Virtual Gary Con. The other I filled by getting into an Adventurers League game through my local AL group.

For the most part, things worked out technically, although there were a couple issues getting everyone to hear each other. Overall, I had a good time and am happy to hear that it seems my experience was the exception and not the rule.