Weather

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mordrin, Mar 14, 2010.

1. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

For those of you coming from a long ways off - the forecast at this time is marvelously predictable:

approx 50(F) and rain the entire weekend
    http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USWI0379

(For reference - no, the Great Lakes region can be quite lovely. May/June is the optimal time to see it, however.)

2. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Hey, its not like I plan on leaving the whole time - no chance of running out of food now that I got one guy saying "oh, Gary Con is in a few days...I can't make it..." :)

3. jwk82263

jwk82263 Level 0 Character

as long as it's not raining in the hotel.

4. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

Those temps are looking mighty nice. I can wear shorts in that.

5. FelixZ

FelixZ Level 0 Character

Anyone wanna go swimming? Looks like perfect weather for some pre-spring swimming :D

6. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Looks like Friday and Monday will be warm and dry- great for travel. Possible rain on Sat and Sun- but still in the 40s during the day. That is not too bad for our purposes IMO.

7. seskis281

seskis281 Level 0 Character

It does sound like it will be somewhat better than last year in terms of the rain - it was COLD and a torrent for the entire weekend...

But that never affects the gaming :)

8. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Bon voyage to all travellers - be safe and we'll see y'all soon. Let it Rain . . . (sing it Eric) -

:)

9. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Well, this sounds nicer than last year. I still remember flying home coughing and hacking because I was still soaked to the bone. ;)

10. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

We're getting the whole show!!
    Thursday & Friday: Sunny, highs near 70. :cool:
    Saturday: Rainy, cloudy, highs in the 50's. :cry:
    Sunday: Snow showers, hgih around 35. :shock:

Ah!!!! Wisconsin in the spring. Gotta love it. :lol:

11. francisca

francisca Troubadour

As Rhu says, all of you travel safely. Look forward to seeing old friends and making new.

12. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Actually, it occurs to me that last year on Friday - I was out by the lake sunbathing after walking a bit of the lake trail. I also went out on the ice to see how the ice fishermen were doing. Then . . the rain/cold began ~ but who cared, as we were inside and gaming!! :D

13. grodog

grodog Troubadour

As long as I'm not blocked from travel due to snow, I'm happy! :D