Wednesday Happenings

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuesar, Feb 17, 2014.

1. grodog

grodog Troubadour

Assuming I get in and settled in a timely manner, I'll likely run some Aliens and/or play some other games in the bar....

2. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

We plan on having the customary Wednesday pre-con party in the hotel bar area. Frank has generously decided to open his home to everyone. For those of you that wish to have an alcoholic beverage or two, and choose to stay at the hotel, I think we will have some good open gaming happening as well as general socialization.

3. I'm getting there Wednesday to get some serious socializing in. Once the gaming starts everybody, including me, focuses on that.

4. diaglo

diaglo Chevalier

i'm sailing alone now until the weekend. the guy from my group can't make it. he has a major project falling the weekend of GaryCon. and my other gaming group buddy won't be there until the weekend. although, he left our group a few years back to return to milwaukee. GaryCon is a reason for us to get together.

i'll be up for anything wednesday night after settling in at the lodge.

i might even lend my coins to people who are on budget.

5. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

There's so much to say IYKWIMAITYD here....

In a week and a few hours we can kick back and hoist a few in celebration!

6. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

With the possible exception of dinner, my wife and I are planning to hang around The Lodge Wednesday night. I'm bringing Project Ninja Panda Taco and may have Sentinels of the Multiverse with me. One is a silly story game of Masterminds and Minions, the other I've never played, but have heard good things about it's card-based superheroness.

7. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Update in my Party thread, fyi

8. kvezner

kvezner Level 0 Character

If it's alright for me to attend, how would I find the party?

--Kris

9. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Hey there kvezner, the DGS party won't likely happen till Saturday. But you should be able to find us at the hotel bar Wednesday night

10. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

One more blurb for Lake Geneva Games and then I'll shut up, I promise. There's a Gary Con Sale on certain OOP D&D and other rpg material as well as premium stone and metal dice, running from Wednesday through Sunday. (Although if you stop in on Monday while I'm working, and you mention GaryCon....) Plus numerous board games and card games, miniatures, dice, accessories, etc.

Lake Geneva Games is at 918 S. Wells St. From the Lodge, head into town on Hwy 50 and go through town until you get to Wells - you can only turn right, and Burger King and KFC are on the corner. LGG is in a business plaza not quite a mile down on the right, just past the Dairy Queen and the gas station. If you get to the High School, you missed it.

Hours:
    Wednesday - 3:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. officially, or until I get around to closing the place if we've still got gamers in the store.
    Thursday - 3:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. but again, that can sometimes stretch a bit - won't be me though, I'll be at the Con!
    Friday - 3:00 until 10:00 p.m.
    Saturday - Noon until 10:00 p.m.
    Sunday - Noon until 9:00 p.m.
    Monday - 3:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. (Again, I can be talked into staying open for the gamers.)
    Closed Tuesdays

Stop in and say hello! :cool:

11. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

Thanks for the info, I may have to stop in and check out that sale.

12. jephraim

jephraim Level 0 Character

Is anyone planning on running any games at the Lodge tonight?

13. jephraim

jephraim Level 0 Character

Any pickup games looking for players tonight?