Wednesday March 7th

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SoulCatcher78, Sep 4, 2017.

1. SoulCatcher78

SoulCatcher78 Level 0 Character

How much happens on the 7th (other than early arrival)?

This will be my first Gary Con and I'm trying to decide if coming in early on Wednesday is a good thing. My prior convention experience has been Gen Con which has several things happening the day before the official opening of the convention (Will Call badge and ticket pick up, mixers, etc.).

2. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

The Frankenparty is on the 7th, but that's probably the most prominent "event." Of course, you'll find people socializing in the on-site restaurants & bars and utilizing some of the gaming areas.

3. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

You will be able to pick up your registration package and tickets on Wednesday. It's a really good idea to do it on Wednesday if you have an early game on Thursday.

mwisconsin likes this.
  4. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Drinking. Lots and lots of drinking. See...there's this bar...

sir jon and mwisconsin like this.
  5. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

I will bump this post just to quote this for volume.

6. SoulCatcher78

That's what I needed to know :)

Just called and added Wednesday night (and they let me keep the Con rate). Looks like there's only 50 rooms available on Wednesday now so if someone else is on the fence push that button.

7. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Whatever you do, do not let Skach buy you a drink. You'll never get rid of him the rest of the weekend. BUT, feel free to add to some guy named Kammer's bar tab. It's a thing.

8. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Whatever you do, if Yon offers you a shot, make sure it's not Malort....that will scar you for life...

9. SoulCatcher78

Can it be any worse than
    Goldschläger?

10. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Oh yes. Want some?

11. SoulCatcher78

I think I can feel the liver cramps starting already, lol.

sir jon likes this.
  12. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

Especially since last year the registration desk did not open until 8 am, so if you had an 8 am game on Thursday... I know there were a number of unhappy people in the Adventurers League room that missed early games because they were waiting in line to pick up badges. I would imagine there were similar situations everywhere Thursday morning. Hopefully, the desk will open before gaming begins from now on.

13. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Based on the major event times from last year, I have schedule games I am running to start at 9am on Thursday to allow for people to pick up their badges Thursday at 8am. This year they have added in the option to start on odd hours.

14. SoulCatcher78

I submitted my Thursday game with the same idea. Not sure if I should have done the same for Friday though, lol. Since I'm on eastern time it all seems later in the morning to me (good for recovery time from the night before).