Wednesday Pre-Con Gathering

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Donal

Donal Administrator

We are having the pre-Gary Con gathering on Wednesday night from 5pm-9pm. Rumor is that some free food, beer and soda will be provided. This year, we have a Fantasy Improv Group performing as well (at 8pm).

Please note that this Gathering will be in a part of the Lodge that is new to Gary Con this year, the Chalet! This ballroom is located away from the main building, on the lake, but is an excellent facility and we hope to be able to incorporate it more completely into our schedule to allow for additional growth. Free shuttle service is provided from the lobby (it's a 2 minute drive) and plenty of parking is available. More information to follow soon!

Title: IRPMUS LIVE! - Fantasy (D&D)
    GM: Notting Hill Games
    Game System: Entertainment/Improv
    Day/Time: Wed, 2000-2130
    Description for both: In the hilarious improv show, you'll help create the characters that will embark on the adventure of a lifetime to retrieve the famed Gem of Misfortune! This is a dynamic, highly interactive old-school D&D themed improv show you have to see! Bring your favorite monster and trap suggestions from any fantasy game. If you love stories of high adventure and epic failure, you must see us play them out before you in IRPMUS LIVE! - FANTASY!

(Edited 02/21 to remove Friday's show)

2. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

I'm excited to see you there! I'm the creator, director and producer of IRPMUS LIVE! (as well as host and DM). We perform this live show every few months in Madison, WI and I can guarantee you'll have a good time (or we'll buy you a beer). If you haven't heard about our show, you can always head on over to our website - on the front page there's currently a YouTube video we put up so you can get some idea. The IRPventure we're running for this event is called "The Gem of Misfortune".

If you have any questions about the event at all, just PM me or post it here and I'll answer. I hope we can get a good sized audience for this event...improv is always better with more people :)

3. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

I'm looking forward to seeing the Chalet! I've been following the upgrades on the Lodge on their Facebook page. It's been a feast.

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Well IRPMUS will get to christen the Chalet. I am looking foward to using the additional space for more gaming!!!!

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Is the Chalet available during the entire convention? :eek:

6. Donal

Donal Administrator

Our plan is to use it for gaming, as needed, the entire show. However, due to staffing requirements, we will probably only actually have it open from 9am until Midnight daily. Some events will be placed in the Chalet. We're still working some on some kinks with the new location, so stay tuned.

7. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Wednesday. I hope I'm not running too late because I've a few friends I need to see on the way up and can't leave early on Tuesday this year. Glad to hear there is something happening on Wednesday. It should be a great time.

8. mark

mark Spellbinder

w00t!!1! ;)

9. extsr

extsr Chevalier

Anything goin' at the NDP Wed, before 8?

F

10. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Nothing planned, as far as I've heard. Sounds like everyone's heading to the Chalet.

11. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

The Lake Geneva Games AD&D group will be playing at the store from 6:30 to 10:00 p.m. as usual. It'd be just the place to visit for any last-minute gaming wants or needs....

12. Dale

Dale Administrator

We used to do the NDP as a tradition, but the logistics of getting more & more attendees over. And, the risk/danger of drinking & driving we decided last year to keep everything under one roof at the Resort. So, we will be doing it again with free food... and good, fun times for all.

The Gathering is upon us. Time to game & make cheer!

13. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Isn't 'Security' suppose to be guarding the Pre-Con Gathering doors, outside? :lol:
    (See you in a couple days, Dale.) ;)

14. LastFighter

LastFighter Level 0 Character

That sounds like fun ! I will check it out !

15. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

This is gonna be the best Gary Con yet! And, for our improv show (IRPMUS) we have something extra special and unique just for our Gary Con tribe! Though I'm keeping the mystery for now, trust me when I say, you won't want to miss it!