Well Done GaryCon!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuesar, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

Though the Black Monday feeling has set in early, I want to extend my congratulations to all on a fabulous Gary Con! What a tremendous convention! Though Jim Ward's demon ate me and 3 others (well, I "did" say "eat noone else - so he ate TWO" I'll be back next year! Fun, fun!

2. Poochiepup

Poochiepup Level 0 Character

Nothing more depressing than the day after a convention......sigh

(Well, there is but it is nothing any man wants to admit to.)

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

Great fun and I am already anticipating next years as well! Good crowd but not too many folks for the space. I think they'll be fine at least one or two more years before they will need to add one of the ose giat outdor pavillion/extensions. It was excellent to catch up with so many good friends and make even more new ones.

Thanks to the folks that make the convention so excellent!

4. clangador

clangador Footpad

Indeed. I was feeling a little blue on the long flight back to Seattle, but I did get a lot of reading in. :mrgreen:

5. mlpeel

mlpeel Level 0 Character

The only problem with GaryCon is that it has to end. Well, and that I get less and less sleep there each succeeding year...

GREAT JOB, Luke & co.!

6. haplo

haplo Level 0 Character

Agreed! I had a blast!

7. CKDad

CKDad Level 0 Character

As I've said elsewhere, one of the best-organized and best-run conventions I've ever been to. Great games with friends and new people - and getting to meet some of the terrifically creative folks who made all of this possible in the first place - a 10 out of 10 from all the judges!

Though if the hotel restaurant could actually add a salad to the menu, it would go to 11!

8. Dale

Dale Administrator

Then we scored an 11. We have talked to the Chef and you should see a salad option, hot breakfast, and a few other healthier choices.

We are already working hard on GC V. Luke is our task-master. :D

9. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

It was the best Gary Con yet for my wife and I. We're already looking forward to next year (and I'm trying to figure out what to run).

10. tavis

tavis Footpad

A fantastic convention! This has always been true but the kids events made it especially fun to bring my son - he and I will be there next year for sure!

11. Ambreville

Ambreville Level 0 Character

12. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

Thank you to every photographer at GaryCon IV who posted a picture of me playing or running a game - my gaming scrapbook continues to grow. 8)

13. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Well done, guys!

14. welleran

welleran Footpad

Great con!

The concierge service was really cool. Thanks!

15. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

The concierge service worked out really well for us DMs. I wonder if I could've bribed any of them to go get me coffee, though? I try to avoid soda and water doesn't have enough caffeine. :p

16. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

They had Redbull and 5-Hour Energy too.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

17. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

They brought me coffee, maybe I'm just special though. My school once told my parents I was...

18. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

I should've just asked. I didn't think about it unless I was playing rather than GMing. Next year...

19. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

Always an excellent con. The Lodge staff was fantastic, as always. Sometimes a little... discombobulated, but always attentive to what needed to be done, if nothing else. It's too bad we lost the patio due to the construction on such a fine, fine week of weather for March in Wisconsin, but I was told the replacement will only shine over the old one.

GaryCon volunteers and staff were always there when needed (well, except that Dale guy, he kept creeping on me in the bar) and hopefully got to enjoy the con as much as the rest of us. I have a feeling next year I'll be running more than the one game I did this year -- or maybe a longer slot of something fun. And different.

Cheers from CT!

20. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I wonder if you are lucky or if we get unlucky, 'cuz it seems like every year we have billing issues, key card problems, etc. I guess the people are generally pretty nice, so maybe it is the system or training that is flawed.

This year the room rate charged was $10 too high and they acted annoyed that we wanted it corrected. Everyone might want to check their bills and credit cards. Also, it wasn't nice to plan on a 3pm check-out as advertised only to get the boot at noon and have to scramble with luggage and stuff.