What about one day?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scottenkainen, Mar 3, 2012.

1. scottenkainen

scottenkainen Level 0 Character

Am I reading this right? The only way I can get into Gary Con is if I buy a 4-day badge? What if I wanted to come up just one day? I still have to buy the 4-day badge?

~Scott "-enkainen" Casper

2. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Hey Scott -

Good question to ask. The policy has changed somewhat, but is not really well-publicized:

There's http://www.garycon.com/attendees.php

But viewtopic.php?f=3&t=727

So it sounds to me like (and I'm not 'on staff', so this is just me repeating what I believe is correct)

All four days at door=$40
    All four days prereg (ends tomorrow?)=$30
    Fri-Sun door=$30
    Sat-Sun door=$20
    Thur OR Fri only door=$20?
    Sun only door=free

plus the Youth and Open Gaming Only options

3. scottenkainen

Too late; I just bought the observer pass for me and my girlfriend instead. Thanks, though.

I sure hope there's plenty of open gaming. Has there been any discussion in the forum about what people are going to be running in the open gaming area? Or would planning subvert the intended spontaniety of open gaming?

4. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

I read of a suggestion for a bulletin board on site, where calls for pick-up games can be made and found, but I don't know what became of it. I don't know that any thread has listed people's intentions to run pick-up games (type, time, filled/unfilled, location etc). You know, maybe such a thing would be nice in addition to a physical system on site. Many people have smart phones these days. Someone should start one up as the convention draws nearer - GaryCon 2012 Pick-up Games.

5. scottenkainen

Well, I plan on bringing JG124 Escape from Astigar's Lair, with the intention of running it for Hideouts & Hoodlums heroes -- my retroclone for playing D&D with Golden Age comic book characters. Hopefully I can pick up a few players.