What Are You Doing for International Traditional Gaming Week

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tavis, Feb 5, 2010.

1. tavis

tavis Footpad

What are you doing for 2010's International Traditional Gaming Week, March 21-27?

For many of us, the answer to this question is happy and easy - playing games at Gary Con!
    TARGA, the Traditional Adventure Roleplaying Game Association and the sponsor of the International Traditional Gaming Week, chose the dates for this year's week so that it kicks off with Gary Con; after all, what could be a better start?

But if you're reading the forums here to tantalize yourself with what you're going to be missing (nyah nyah!), why not put together a game in your hometown? That's always a good idea, and doing it as part of ITGW gives you an extra incentive and can help players learn about your event through the ITGW publicity.

You could also carry the torch back from Gary Con and run a local event during the rest of the week. On Saturday 2/27, I'm organizing the 2nd Annual Dave Arneson Memorial Gameday in NYC, and in Chicago chgowiz is doing a 12-hour Keep on the Borderlands marathon. Your ITGW event doesn't have to be a dozen hours long, though - even if you just want to dedicate your regular home game to the cause, listing it as one of the ITGW events will help fly the flag and demonstrate that the great old games are alive and well.

Drop me a PM or send me an email at tavis(-dot-)allison(at)gmail:)dot:)com if you want to list an event!

2. francisca

francisca Troubadour

mmmm....I'll come up with something.

EDIT: Crap, I'll be on vacation with the family the week following GaryCon. Guess I'll just have to take some dice and Moldvay Basic....

3. mark

mark Spellbinder

As mentioned elsewhere, at GaryCon II, I'll be running an old 1974 boardgame and what might be considered an old school style Medieval Fantasy Combat Miniatures Game as well as bringing along some beer and pretzels games.

4. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

Yes, if you've not had enough old school gaming at GaryCon, please do head on over the Chicagoland Games on March 27th and join with me try to pull off 12 hours of B2. 8 players. 12 hours. Caves of Chaos and maybe a Cavern of the Unknown. Who knows!? I may end up like the Mad Hermit...

5. mark

mark Spellbinder

It isn't on their calendar yet, what time will you start? I'm a handful of blocks from Games Plus, so that might not be possible, given the reduction in CTA service that began this week. BTW, I've been wondering why you haven't re-started your Dark Ages Old School game at Games Plus. I was planning to jump in some weeks if possible. :)

6. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Ach. You took your eye off the ball.

http://groups.google.com/group/the-dark-ages?hl=en

7. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

Mark, sorry I missed this post. It starts at 10am and ends at 10pm or when I pass out from exhaustion, whichever comes first. ;)

I've asked JP/Lexx to put it up there, and it's advertised on their forum as well as at RPGChicago.com and on the TARGA site.

We've restarted! Unfortunately, the Sunday group hasn't had enough people interested in a quorum since early January - it's the Tuesday group at Chicagoland Games that seems to be the main driver. If you're interested, I'm open for a 2/21 game at Games Plus. Drop me an email and I'll add you to the email list. :)

Michael

8. mark

mark Spellbinder

Looks like it was my turn to lose this thread in the shuffle. Might be too late to expect a game today but I'll call down to GP to see if it is on. I'll probably stay out of the weekly discussions, hoping to maybe jump in as time permits, since I can't commit in advance for any sort of weekly haming until mid-May. Thanks.

*edit* Ah, I see it is cancelled for this week. Maybe next time.