What to do with all this extra silver???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erik Olsen, Jan 26, 2016.

1. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

I have a Platinum badge and about 30 extra silver I cant spend between the games I'm running the rest of the games I picked. Is there any use for the extra silver?

2. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Bragging rights

PBurke and Jarlaxle like this.
  3. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

4. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Print out silver coins on card stock and hand them out to particularly good role-players.

5. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

In theory, you can register for some random games and then hand out the tickets for said games. I think it says specifically in the Registration Know it All blog post that the tickets are transferable....

...in theory...

6. Buttmonkey

Buttmonkey Troubadour

That would kind of suck. I'd hate to see people who want to get into a game be denied because someone else registered for a spot they don't intend to use. Yeah, you might find someone to take your ticket, but wouldn't you rather see the ticket go to someone who really wants into the game? Why make them anxiously wait next to the table hoping the Ticket Fairy will appear with a ticket and that they will be the lucky one to get it at the last minute?

JediSoth, Scott308 and PBurke like this.
  7. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Look...I'm just giving a suggestion.

Fact is, all this worry by adults about what they will or will not get in is silly to me.

8. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

I prob wont do that, but it's nice to know there are options lol

9. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Some people like to have a plan, particularly introverts who have to travel hundreds of miles to attend the convention.

10. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Since I'm coming from Moscow with a 23 hour flight, I totally agree.....

11. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

I would agree that it's nicer to just leave them unspent and the events to be bought by people lower than you in line.

BTW, you may win the title of "Most Committed Traveler" this year.
    The previous longest trip I remember was Luca (who hasn't been for a few years), coming from Italy.
    Are you an American overseas, or an actual Russian?

PBurke likes this.
  12. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Did I see somewhere that Luca is attending again this year?

13. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

Now I think I remember you from one of the facebook threads.

14. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Ex-pat, I'm an academic who married a Russian girl. I think Luke mentioned there's a Flarhagan Award. I'm pretty certain if someone comes from Western Europe I have them beat for distance!

15. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Well, if that Aussie shows up I think he will get the longest distanced traveled award.

PBurke likes this.
  16. gizmomathboy

gizmomathboy Spellbinder

Just for kicks it looks like one needs to be afloat in the Indian Ocean to be the furthest point on the globe from Lake Geneva.

http://www.antipodr.com/

17. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

Well, my name is in my signature, so it shouldn't be difficult to figure out who I am.

18. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Did that guy ever get his crowd funding for the trip?

19. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

Um, I honestly have no idea who you are..... Hans is my first guess. But I have American relatives named Hans but nice to meet you in any event!

20. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

He found a great deal on his flight, so he was able to revise his goal down, but still is only about halfway there.

Tink333 likes this.