When should we do Night of the Walking Wet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tavis, Sep 7, 2010.

1. tavis

tavis Footpad

I am eager to continue our explorations of Krakeborough Swamp. What times should I schedule it for? I'm thinking about the Sat late-night of last year, plus maybe some runs during the day.

2. mark

mark Spellbinder

Sounds good to the Hobbit. :)

3. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Yeah, late-night like last time sounds good. Hope I can find my character.

4. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

What is this adventure?

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

It's about what you & Jimmy looked like the first morning of Garycon 2.
    :lol: :p :lol: :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. mark

mark Spellbinder

bazinga

7. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Man, between Luca and Deek, I'm taking a beating today!

I will admit that I was feeling a bit green Friday morning. Jimmy was a little worse for the wear than I, which is inexcusable since he is a single, happy hour frequenting, playboy, while I am a responsible, married man with 1, no, strike that, 2 children. :lol:

ANYWAY... back to my question, what is this Night of the Walking Wet business? Sounds like a fun adventure demanding my presence ;)

8. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

It's an OD&D (white box) game run by Tavis with some home rules. It took place mostly in some swampy "man"-made lake area last year. There was a fairly strong role-playing emphasis, as characters were expected to be unique and perhaps a bit quirky, and you had to provide a death scene description for each monster you killed. As best I can recall we played from like 11p to 6, maybe 7a.

This older thread may help a little:
    viewtopic.php?f=3&t=289

9. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Ooh ooh! If there is an open slot for this, I promise not to pass out at the game table. Well, 'promise' might be a bit strong of a word, knowing my new-found love of New Glarus and all, but I'll do my damnedest. Let me know if I can jump into this one!

10. grodog

grodog Troubadour

It's an excellent Paul Jaquays adventure: you don't need to know much more than that, Charley :D :D

11. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I confess to be ignorant of most 0e stuff. I'll brush up on it before I get to GC3.

And, Allan, that sounds like all the recommendation it needs! :D

12. howandwhy99

howandwhy99 Level 0 Character

Saturday Evening & Night marathon sounds good to me.

Are we picking up where we left off or mounting another attack?

13. tavis

tavis Footpad

I just submitted it for 6pm on Sat night, listed for eight hours but we might well continue on past two. I forget if this conflicts with the auction - if so we can always take a break to attend.

Yes, I do think we'll continue from where we were last time in a way: you'll start in town again, but the events of last year will be recent history (a week ago) and you'll begin play with the questioning of the Circean sorceress you captured in the previous expedition.

Dru, I listed the event for zero players - last year we had 15 and I'd like to give them all a chance to return, so letting others pre-register would quickly. However, the reason we had 15 is that I am known to be a sucker for having people tell me they want to play and me saying "sure, come on in!" and you're certainly doing so well in advance.