When will purchasing Events be activated?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fuesar, Jan 6, 2014.

1. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

You miss me.

2. grodog

grodog Troubadour

This is good advice---if you want to play in a game that's already sold out, do show up at the table anyway and ask, since often one of the players will miss the event, due to finding a different event that they prefer, deciding to sleep in, mixing up which slot they signed up for, etc. And, if there's sufficient demand for a particular event, sometimes the DM will schedule another instance of the event as an informal pick-up game, too.

3. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

This is very true. Last year all of my events filled up before GaryCon, but during the Con, only one of my six events remained full - the rest had missing players at game time (IMO last year this seemed like an epidemic, as nobody's games stayed full that I saw).

4. sir jon

sir jon Spellbinder

There did seem to be an inordinate amount of cancellations at last minute. Weird year, year five. Still, plenty of pick up games and GMs willing to squeeze that extra player in.

5. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Yeah, I got shut out of one of yours, happened to drift by the table, and there were only maybe 5/10 registrants there.

Worked nicely for me.