When Will We Know What We Registered For

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stahlnee, Jan 30, 2016.

1. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

Curious of an ETA.

I have never received any emails so I can not check and see an email.

Edwin

2. jonsnod

jonsnod Level 0 Character

Agreed; my account says I have all the events I registered for, but I never got a confirmation email. If I could know if I should start looking for other games to go in those slots, it would be appreciated.

3. Jamie Hale

Jamie Hale Level 0 Character

Hmmm. I got 2 emails - 1 with my tickets and 1 with an order summary (and incorrect totals).

(Not bragging, just letting you know that that particular feature seems to have worked for some of us...)

4. corwin1071

corwin1071 Level 0 Character

Agreed; I'd like to know if I actually am in the 2 events I didn't get tickets in my Email for despite them showing 6x in My Account.

5. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

+1. As mentioned in the glitches thread, I've got an email confirmation for a few games that don't show in my account summary (the location, times, etc show just no names) and I've got a game showing in my account summary that I don't have an email confirmation for.

6. PBurke

PBurke Level 0 Character

got my e-mail confirmations. Several e-mails said "Your Gary Con order from January 30, 2016 is complete," but were actually blank. The ones I actually got in were titled "Your tickets from Gary Con."

7. Poindexter

Poindexter Chevalier

It may be the case that my first five submissions may have booked up five of the available seats for the event, and then somebody else got one seat, and then with my sixth submission I get a notification that the event is full and that seems to be the submission I got the e-mail for. Or perhaps the first five submission attempts may have just been a choke at the gate and somebody else may have legitimately got a seat as I got an internal error message, in which case I truly am out of luck.

8. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

The system only sent me confirmations for some games.

9. PBurke

PBurke Level 0 Character

A lot of games I hoped to get in were sold out quickly -- I won't get to game with Michael Browne or Jeff Talanian this year, unfortunately. But I got to game with both of them in past conventions, so my attitude is that other people will get their turn in 2016.

jim skach likes this.
  10. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Email confirmations seem to have been sporadic. I'm adding that to the list of Known Issues in the Registration Issues sticky post up top. I'll keep that updated as we work through root cause.

11. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Well, if you look at the ones with blank names, but with location/time/etc, they should correspond to something you tried to order. There's just a glitch in the name display. I've got a number of those (mostly larger seminar-type events).

12. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Which should mean the others were full and you may want to pick out second choices.
    Did your coin subtraction match the email confirmation?

13. Erik Olsen

Erik Olsen Chevalier

This only happened much later. I'm 'registered' for all my first cart picks.

14. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Some tickets might get returned back to the pool if people are double-booked for a slot, so keep checking. Not sure when returns start though.

PBurke likes this.
  15. Khasimir

Khasimir Footpad

That's what I'm assuming but I posted it anyways since I'm a little concerned given the sheer volume of discrepancies people are experiencing. In light of the issues others are having, I'd consider clearing this up to be a lower priority but I still would like it known.

My real concern is a game that I have appearing in my account summary but didn't get a confirmation for.

16. brendar

brendar Staff Member Staff Member

Nearly all of the issues that people are reporting as multiple transactions really only processed once. Only a very small fraction of transactions did get truly get processed multiple times. Most of the sold out events were legitimately sold out. We processed 3200 transactions in the first 3 minutes alone.

Traxion and mark like this.