Where is the event catalog?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LordTennyson, Sep 20, 2010.

1. LordTennyson

LordTennyson Level 0 Character

Home page states that there is one. Went to registration and no pdf exists. I am just too ready to go!!

LT

2. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Patience, young grasshopper

3. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

4. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

You guys are a tough crowd. That event guide is a pain in the neck. We were lucky to get that done by February last year. But I'll get out the cat-o-nine tails and start lashing Dale once we get all of the events submitted.

And remember Gary Con is a small grass roots con. We count on all of you to help out by running games for everybody to enjoy. So don't be shy- submit some events of your own too.

Luke

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I think I might do that.............
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

6. Dale

Dale Administrator

We could not do Gary Con without the support and love of all of you- if you are reading this, then that includes you! :)

This event is more than "just" a gaming convention. We come together once a year to remember Gary and to celebrate his life with others that feel the way we do. Without your active support (talking about GC, running games, coming up with ideas, and just being helpful to the cause each year), we could not do it.

So run a game, bring an old board game, bring a friend, and share the fun with others. This year we have some really cool things planned. If you liked last year- wait til this year. Same layout- just bigger space and more activities planned. Plus, new guests!

Is it March yet? Man, the calendar is slow.

7. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I agree! I have at least three things I'd like to run next year, in addition to my version of Castle Greyhawk. That said, I'm also happy for the intervening time, so that I can work up some more dungeon levels for exploring :D

8. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Yeah, can't wait until November 14 to check out the list. March can't get here soon enough!

9. Melf

Well said Dale. I am very grateful for all the time and effort everybody puts into making this event special. Obviously it means a lot to me and my family. And we are fortunate to have so many people to help us celebrate our Dad's memory. There is no better way to do it than Gary Con.

10. prolificvoid

prolificvoid Troubadour

AGREED, in totality.

On the subject of events however, Luke, - which of course require time slots - I think it bears mentioning that you, being - in a very real sense - one of the VIPs, YOU need to create what I would call "SELF TIME SLOTS." You know - for you. Where you'll be/what you'll be doing/playing/drinking.
    (/drinking/drinking/drinking/drinking, ad infinitum...)
    And - MOST IMPORTANTLY - you may as well allocate generous blocks to certain people.
    Let's just pick something totally random, for example: Anyone you've ever, say...been in the army with.
    (Just right off the top of my head)
    And of course, ya know, the rest of the gang too! I'm just sayin.
    "Time slots."
    Actually....we should think of these in particular more as time "swaths."
    That'd be a better way of approaching the concept.

:cool:

BTW - hurry up & getcher arse back in a decent time zone!!

11. mordrin

Coming up on some glorious dates!

How's the preparation coming? Not to pressure anyone or anything...
    :mrgreen:

12. mordrin

Done yet?

13. mordrin

How about now?

14. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Shootin' for the title "Post Whore III"?
    :lol: :p

15. Melf

Hi Guys,

I talked to Chris today about extending the event submissions deadline to 1 DEC. I thought that would give everyone more time to submit, modify or fine tune their events. That will push the event guide back about 30 days or so. Look for an official announcement soon.

Luke

16. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Well, Dang. Now I have no excuse for not running *something*.

17. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Yeah, the submission and catalog delay should result if a bigger catalog - yippee!

18. iddig ap nil

iddig ap nil Level 0 Character

Hmmm, I'm looking at running three adventures this year...might have to get them registered in the catalog...

19. Melf

Go for it!!!!!

20. grodog

grodog Troubadour

I finally got my two events registered this evening :oops:

Both are set in my Castle Greyhawk again, and I may add a third. We'll see how creative I get over Thanksgiving, I suppose....