Where is the event catalog?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LordTennyson, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Emperor Xan

Emperor Xan Troubadour

I'm considering adding a third event myself. It would be a repeat/continuation of the Alternity game I'm running if there are any takers.

2. Donal

Donal Administrator

Sorry for any who are patiently awaiting the catalog, but due to some minor issues finalizing some events, it will not be ready for release today. We're hoping to release it early next week.

3. iddig ap nil

iddig ap nil Level 0 Character

Bah, I only got one registered. But I'll plan on others off the grid ;)

4. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I can't think of a better Christmas present. :)

5. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Thank you Donal for waiting until those of us in the DGS submitted our events. That was a pleasent Christmas present ;)

6. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

We've been talking it up over at the DGS boards, drop by and join the conversation! :D

http://dgsforum.freeforums.org/garycon-3-t65.html

7. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

Waiting anxiously . . .

8. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I didn't get my Event Catalog for Christmas? I'm on Santa's naughty list? Yea, i probably am.

9. Dale

Dale Administrator

With all the late submissions, it has been delayed. But, this delay is a good thing as it will give more options for selecting games.

Since I will be in Vegas, along with Storm (she is our Creative Designer), for the Consumer Electronic Show (Jan 4-11) that gives us a narrow window to get it done during the holiday season. Otherwise, it will be mid-January for it to be published.

We would rather get the catalog out that is complete, than pushing it out incomplete- because of an arbitrary deadline. Trust us, this is going to be worth the wait.

10. mark

mark Spellbinder

Sounds reasonable. In this holiday season I am reminded of a Fezziwig-type employer of mine who sometimes liked to ask, "Why is there always enough time to do over what you didn't have time to do right the first time?" and would often suggest, "Take your time and do it right, the day is long and pay is light."

11. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Sounds like it'll be a birthday present instead of a Christmas present..............
    that's okay! :)

12. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

I think it's a Chi-town saying, My Father, raised in city mentioned, always said, "If you're going to do it, do it right the first time or DON'T do it at all."

13. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Dale, if I wanted to change one of my events already submitted from a traditional AD&D event to an Oriental Adventures AD&D event, could I still do so? I was thinking that as there will likely already be plenty of the traditional setting AD&D games there, perhaps an oriental Adventures setting event might be nice to have represented.

14. Dale

Dale Administrator

Sounds good. Just post the slot you want to change here in the thread to the Oriental setting, and I will make the adjustment in the catalog.

15. viking13

viking13 Level 0 Character

Its December 28 and still no link to the events catalog. This will be my first GaryCon and just cant wait any longer.

16. Dale

Dale Administrator

Easy Pilgrim. It will be coming shortly. :p

//Glad you are coming to GC for the first time. It's a great event!

17. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

Big fan of OA, so I hope I can get in on this!

18. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

The catalog is being reviewed and edited as I type. Shouldn't be long now - maybe a few more days.

19. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

I'll certainly do my best to fit you in dndgeek.

Deborah Teramis Christian, one of the writers for the Kara-Tur box set, has been kind enough to let me bounce ideas off her for this adventure. Very nice lady. Here's a quick blurb on what to expect.

Someone has tried to assassinate the infant heir to the Harada clan and the clan's daimyo, Harada Hideyoshi, has vowed to punish the culprit. Now Harada-sama has summoned his most faithful samurai and advisors, to go find those responsible before another attempt can be made. To fulfill this charge, the characters will uncover the truth behind a bitter clan feud, avoid the pitfalls of court and finally pierce the veil of the mysterious "flower and willow world".

As you can likely tell, this will be less a dungeon crawl and more of a roleplay focused event, forcing players to flex both their investigatory and courtly skills. But I predict the katanas will come out for air all the same. ;)

20. mark

mark Spellbinder

Rock on! :)