Which board or minis game to bring?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bloodymage, Nov 26, 2010.

1. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Can't seem to find a way to make a poll, so I'll just list what I own:

• Squad Leader (haven't played in years, but learning curve seems to steep for a con)
    • Panzer Blitz
    • Settlers of Catan
    • Dwarven Dig
    • Duel of Ages (I've never played it)
    • The Great Space Race
    • Risk (2003)
    • Axis & Allies (basic, 2004)
    • Fairy Meat
    • Final Days

Since I'm flying, space will be at a premium, so only one of these will make it to the con. I may not have the time to play myself, but I can make it available for others. So, which one should I pack?

2. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Hi Bloody, You can cross Axis & Allies off your list as I will be running an event for that, & as a Squad Leader fanatic I would like to point you in this direction, Conflict of Heroes. It's a great little squad-sized game created by Uwe (pronounced "oova") Eickert. Here's a link to BBG website with an interview & quick game play explaination........... http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/3845 ... ooth-essen
    I'am thinking about running this as an event, just looking to see if there would be any takers. :)

The Keeper

3. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

Wow! Watched the video and it looks quite cool, but finances are a problem at the moment.

4. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Their home page is...........
    http://www.academy-games.com/
    All the current updated rules & scenarios (Firefights) are available there. They are also planning an on-line version of the game, just not sure when.
    I've already got all three games on order, picking them up the end of next week. (DROOLING!) So, chances are, after the better-half & I test fly CoH next weekend, I'll probably toss it into the multitude of events I'm already running at GC3. Just have to rearrange my schedule. (Here I go again!)

5. bloodymage

bloodymage Chevalier

OK, not many replies, not surprised, but I think Fairy Meat is a definite and we'll give a try to Duel of Ages. Has anyone played either of these? I know geekpreacher has likely played Fairy Meat, a hilarious game of carnivorous fairies in 1:1 scale, but are there any others?

6. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Yes, I've played Fairy Meat, IIRC, but not that much. I remember when it first came out and I signed up to demo it. So, there's not much experience in it for me.