WotC to Reprint AD&D!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chainsaw, Jan 19, 2012.

1. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Wow! Great news and great for helping fund the memorial. :cool:

[​IMG]
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Catalog.aspx
    http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Product.aspx ... c/02410000

2. mark

mark Spellbinder

Nice.

3. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

4. sniderman

sniderman Chevalier

I have to admit, this is a surprising development. And considering they're earmarking funds for the Gygax Memorial just makes it all the more satisfying.

And, hell, as long as we're talking classic reprints, James Ward has just authorized new reprints of the Metamorphosis Alpha First Edition (revised) rules. Get 'em while they're posted at Lulu:

Metamorphosis Alpha First Edition reprint

5. JediSoth

JediSoth Troubadour

This is the most exciting news to come out of WotC in more than 4 years, IMO. To encourage this sort of behavior (and reaching out to fan of older editions), I will be buying these as soon as I can.

6. francisca

francisca Troubadour

First physical D&D product of WotC's I've been interested in buying since about 2004....

7. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Just a heads-up, folks. I have talked to a couple shop owners so far.. one was completely aware of this (but nervous that demand would outstrip supply), the other didn't have a clue. I would definitely recommend calling your local game or comics store, making sure they're aware and getting on any list they might be willing to start.

8. lucailario

lucailario Chevalier

What do you think? Is this a way to muster enough money for the 5thEd launch?

9. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Haha, maybe.

10. mabon5127

mabon5127 Level 0 Character

Good idea! Done!

Morgan

11. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Bad news for the DGS. We will no longer be able to run Ad&d 1st Edition games starting in April. Good news for the Memorial Fund.

MoT

12. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Please tell me you are joking. I have read some absurd comments about the reprints in the last couple of days, so I'm not sure anymore...

13. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Uhhh, I'll be running them ;)

14. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

And when 5ed comes out, the DGS guys can run 4ed, right? LOL

15. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

According to the Dead Games Society - Book of Things we Do - Part 5, Section 10, Chapter 15, Article 510.
    "No game shall be played, run or even brought up in casual conversation that is in print, re-printed or released in any form by the original manufactures or had been purchased by an outside party and then placed for sale in public institutions that exchange product for currency." Black and White. I did not make the rules however I am here to enforce them.

MoT

16. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Yes, it will replace 1st edition as our premiere RPG.

MoT

17. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Ah, but in sub-paragraph 13 of article 510, it reads, " ... should the parent company release a prior edition under a limited circulation not to be further followed up upon distribution, then that edition shall still be deemed valid under the terms of the definitions agreed upon by the Society pursuant upon the assumed pact."

Well then, there you have it. That there's just plain English. ;)

[Obviously we are joking, the DGS still run all earlier editions of Dungeons and Dragons, including and most especially 1st edition.]

18. makerofthings

makerofthings Chevalier

Good catch Red. The pages of my tome were stuck together and I did not see that section. I placed an order to replace my 25 Volumes of Dead Games Society - Book of Things We Do for the original copy I have is a bit shabby. I have also requested that it be scanned so we can have it in PDF form. I would like the original stone tablets to be used in that endeavor however I was told that it is very difficult to get a crane into Kinko's.

MoT

19. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Sounds like a reprint.. not sure you can use it anymore. ;)

20. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Hmmm, an interesting point. What would Congress do?

That very weekend, an emergency session of the DGS was quickly assembled in a luxury spa resort located in the remote Plateau of Leng. After hours of furious debate and days of drunken debauchery, a decision was at last reached and the three founders returned, their beards now long and their eyes bloodshot.

We've decided to give ourselves a tax break and a raise. What was the question again?