Would anybody care to join an AD&D play-by-post game?

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by jeffery st. clair, Aug 17, 2009.

1. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

You know, since we've got seven months to kill before the Con... ;)

Seriously, though, over on rpol.net I run an AD&D pbp that has been running for almost 2 1/2 years and currently has over 20 players. I'm just the referee, not a storyteller, and we have a lot of fun with it. If you like that style of play, and don't mind playing-by-post, you can check the game out here (but you'll need to register if you aren't already):

http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=22756&date=1250482089

(Sorry about the sloppy link.)

I'd love to add more good players to the mix, especially if you prefer AD&D.

While you can't see the actual game threads, there's enough there to let you know what's been going on. It's a homebrewed realm, and I check on the game at least once a weekday, and a few times on the weekends. I've played in bad pbp games before, so I've tried to make sure my game gets none of those complaints.

2. amalric

amalric Level 0 Character

I just registered. :)

3. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Hey there Jeffrey, I run several 1st edition AD&D games on RPol myself! Currently doing Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, The Desert of Desolation series and Descent into the Depths of the Earth. (as well as an Amber Diceless game). In addition to playing in two other 1st edition AD&D games, Temple of Elemental Evil and a Greyhawk sandbox game.

I know some people are not into Play by Post Games, but I find they fit easily into my schedule and can still have a good degree of the old feel to them.

Good luck in your game, I'd jump in but I think I may already have too much on my plate. ;)

4. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

I have a 10th level magic-user and a few henchmen that I'd like to get some playing time, if anybody has an opening.

5. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Feel free to check out my Descent into the Depths of the Earth game over on RPol.
    http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=34834&date=1251520779

6. jeffery st. clair

jeffery st. clair Troubadour

I'm resurrecting this thread for myself and any other pbp DMs who'd like to plug their game, because right now we're about as far between GaryCons as you can get. My own game, which is now 3 1/2 years strong, still has two dozen characters, in various parties, running around the realm.

See the first post in the thread for the link to my game. :cool: