Getting from Milwaukee Airport to GaryCon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cjhooker, Jan 16, 2016.

1. cjhooker

cjhooker Level 0 Character

Hi All,

I'm flying into Milwaukee Wednesday night, arriving late (just after midnight). Any advice on the best way to get to GaryCon from there? (And getting back Sunday afternoon.) I'm thinking renting a car is likely my best option, but thought I would throw it out there and see if anyone had cleverer ideas.

Thanks!

2. mark

mark Spellbinder

Given the times, a car rental sounds like a good plan. There's quite a bit to do offsite, too, so you might want to have a car while here. You also might want to see if some other late night arrivals want to get a ride and chip in on the rental charges.

3. Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle Troubadour

Thats a good idea. Also...look into Chicago...it might be a cheaper flight, being a hub. Im not much help beyond that...I am driving in.

4. ScottEDouglas

ScottEDouglas Level 0 Character

I priced the airport shuttle Grand Geneva uses (https://www.goriteway.com). I put in some dummy times just to see what would happen: Having the van pick you up at midnight Wednesday and drop you off at GG, then return you to MKE for a 6pm Sunday flight, the price was $105.50 each way. Not awesome. The Grand Geneva says they offer a discount to guests who have a room booked with them. (http://www.grandgeneva.com/lake-geneva-wisconsin/directions-grand-geneva.asp). I tried their discount and it was negligible (less than $5). Note that if you're traveling in a group, the rate for private van (up to 10 passengers) is only $125.15 and that's before discount, if any. That's a better deal.

So the shuttle might be comparable to a rental car price, but you wouldn't have transport around Lake Geneva while present, other than friends, of which I'm sure you can make plenty of the newer variety. I took the liberty of contacting the Comfort Inn in LG, the alternate hotel and they don't offer their own transport or offer a discount.

You volunteer to help the con, I might just drive you around myself a bit. Can't guarantee midnight pickup... Hope this helps.

5. Handy Haversack

Handy Haversack Chevalier

6. cjhooker

cjhooker Level 0 Character

I ended up booking a rental car. The guy in the other thread is getting in Thursday night, and I am getting in Wed night, so unfortunately we can't help each other out.

If anyone else is going to be at the airport after midnight Wednesday night, let me know and we can carpool.