Interesting Trending

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by glamcrist, Feb 8, 2016.

1. glamcrist

glamcrist Footpad

2. mwisconsin

mwisconsin Administrator Staff Member

Similarly, I find it very interesting that a bunch of the younger guard's (Schwab, Pokorney, etc) events filled up prior to some other names (Ward, Gygax, etc) selling out.

3. chainsaw

chainsaw Troubadour

Lot of seasoned attendees have already had that experience.

mark and PBurke like this.
  4. francisca

francisca Troubadour

Yep. I've gamed with all those guys, going back to the LGGC days, GenCon, and GaryCons I-VII. Happy to let others have that experience now. :)

Traxion and PBurke like this.
  5. Jamie Hale

Jamie Hale Level 0 Character

Thank you! I got to play with Frank a few years back, but haven't had the pleasure of meeting or playing with Tim and Ernie. Ward's session conflicted with some other event I wanted - can't remember now. Next year I guess.

Poindexter likes this.
  6. tellion

tellion Footpad

I was interested in the Celebrity D&D events, but they were all prime time and conflicted with other must do events. I've played in games run by the old guard, but I have not yet had the opportunity to play in a game with them. That is still on my bucket list.

7. jonsnod

jonsnod Level 0 Character

I wonder how much of it has to do with costs- it may be a lot easier to fill a 1 GP game than a 2+ GP game.

8. stahlnee

stahlnee Spellbinder

GP cost did influence choices as did attendee demographics. As the mix of attendees shift it will result is changes to which events are populat.

3GP cost events required gold or higher badge or multiple badges in order to even consider. Approximately 167 of these badges were sold. And it is known what the guaranteed seat choices were for the 17 premium badges (22 seats).

Event popularity should drive costs. VIP events should have a premium of being GP cost event if popular. If not then should be considered for SP cost.

Non VIP games should have SP cost. If popular, like a number of them are, then they should be considered for GP cost.

This maybe all moot if GP and SP are not utilized in the future.