1st Ed. AD&D via Skype

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by red wizard, Nov 27, 2012.

1. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Anyone interested in playing some 1st Edition AD&D on Sunday nights via skype? I need to playtest one of my Gary Con events. You'll get to adventure in the Hells:)

2. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Looking like we will be using Google+ Roll20 as our medium of play and we'll be doing a 1st Edition AD&D adventure set in the Nine Hells. So far I have 3 players (sniderman and Jaysen being two of them), I still need 2 more for Sunday evening fun starting at 7PM CST. :)

3. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

We'll start the 1st edition AD&D game tonight at 7PM CST using Google+ Roll20. If anyone is interested I still have 2 spots open. Just PM me your email address so I can send you an invite on Google+. :)

4. Fuesar

Fuesar Footpad

Hey Red did you get my email for invite? Sent yesterday with my e-mail to you.

5. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Hi Fuesar, sorry I don't think I did but really we did very little tonight other then write up characters and try to work out the Roll20 system over Google Plus. I predict we will try again next Sunday. Feel free to write up a character and send it over to me.

Chad

6. Dale

Dale Administrator

How did the gaming go over Skype or Google+? Call me curious. Sadly, I can't play as the boat WiFi is about as reliable as a strainer to hold water.

See you in a few months at GC!

7. red wizard

red wizard Troubadour

Well, we tried it only once but had some difficulty with it. We used the Google+ hangout with Roll20. Now that was a while ago, so Jayson may have figured it out since then. I've been running my game primarily as play by post over on Rpol.net as well as a live playtest last weekend at Games Plus.

You can check out the play-by-post version of my adventure, Denizens of the Iron Tower here,

http://rpol.net/game.cgi?gi=53682&date=1358790024

I'd still like to get around to doing a game via Roll20 though. It has some really awesome features! :D

8. welleran

welleran Footpad

I've been running a Skype-based game for almost 4 years now. We've had excellent luck with it - a few glitches from time to time, but never anything too severe. I typically use twiddla (http://www.twiddla.com/) as a whiteboard in parallel.