Adventures in Outland: Original Dungeons & Dragons

Discussion in 'RPG Discussion' started by aplus, Dec 9, 2011.

1. aplus

aplus Level 0 Character

I have a new campaign starting on December 19th, and continuing every other Monday thereafter, at Unique Gifts & Games in Grayslake, IL. Flyer HERE.

This is sort of a West Marches-style campaign in which several different parties of adventurers explore the setting, the only real difference being that the game has a regular schedule.

Don't live anywhere near Lake County, IL? Never fear! On the off-weeks, I will be running the game via Google+ hangouts (a videoconferencing tool). Each week 4 players will be randomly selected to participate. Just shoot me an email (aplus at 86erz dot org) if you would like to be added to the player list for the online game.

All the important information can be found at the blog post here: http://peoplethemwithmonsters.blogspot. ... tland.html

Sound awesome? Well that's not all. This is a FLAILSNAILS game, so PCs from other campaigns are welcome. Some conversion may be necessary, but if your character is from a TSR version of D&D, it should be very simple.

A final few notes about the game: The Outland setting is a kitchen sink setting that may or may not contain dinosaurs, space aliens, ray guns, draculas, horrors from beyond space and time, beautiful but deadly amazons, etc. etc. The number one rule is that having fun is the most important consideration. The game is about exploration and treasure hunting. There are no epic quests to defeat evil, and PCs are not necessarily assumed to be good. Crazy PC races are included (current PC race list includes goblins, pixies, and deodands, among others), and if you want to play some weird race or class, I'm usually okay with that sort of thing.

Hope to see some of you around!

--Jeremy