Amazing Prize For a Wide-Open Warhammer Game

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaskoid, Mar 7, 2011.

1. kaskoid

kaskoid Chevalier

My friend James, known as Smokin', here, will be bringing a most amazing, one-of-a-kind prize for the winner of his Warhammer event.

http://s68.photobucket.com/albums/i14/kaskoid/Stone Castle/

I might be wrong, but it looks like it is actually made of stones. This castle would be the proud possession of any game-club lucky to have it; many a FLGS with a game room would be glad to have it.

If for some reason the winner can not get it home (like flying, or driving a Smart car), I would hazard a guess that there might be one or more individuals willing to make an offer to take it off the winner's hands.

I do not pretend to know a single thing about any form of Warhammer fantasy stuff. Here is what I know about his event:

WARHAMMER FANTASY SYSTEMS "Spells and Stuff"

Up to 10 players at once (more in the on-deck circle hopefully) fight for survival in The Keep of the Chaos Towers of Blood. Win a chance to take the castle, and a copy of of James' homerules, home by surviving the longest, dying the fastest, getting the most kills, dying the most often and best roleplayer.
    A blind draw from a hat full of qualified hopefuls will be heldat 2pm Sunday. The last 4 hr slot ends at noon sunday.....that allows 2 hrs to tally up the numbers from all four slots.

This sounds like one of those memorable one-off events for which the old GenCons were famous. From what he has told me, this sounds pretty old school-ish, in the vein of "kill or be killed" or even "kill things and take their Stuff" basic fun.

2. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

Looks like a really cool castle.

3. smokin

smokin Chevalier

Wooden base, cardboard frame covered with small stones. The base is 4' x4' and the tallest tower is about 15". The castle does need some touchup here and there. It has seen better days but those are pretty recent photos.
    The good news is that you do not need to go out and get a Warhammer Fantasy army to complete for it. Characters and minis provided unless you wanna bring one of your favorite miniatures.
    During Saturday's playtest several of the players were wanting to steal it but I explained to them that the game itself is not for giveaway (im keeping my cards and miniatures to be played on any terrain). The castle needs a loving home.
    I was hoping to find another Warhammmer enthusiast nearby LG to perhaps keep the game at GC if interest was shown for it. That way I could come visit it once a year. The true owner of the castle is also a big Gygax fan and the real thanks goes her, Angel Roberts. Her agreeing to letting it be given away to the winner at GC3 was a selfless act of gamesmanship. I just did some glue and paint.
    As I mentioned earlier, I'd like to keep the Keep but the wife says it doesn't go with the furniture.
    Thanks for posting those pics for me Tim.

4. mark

mark Spellbinder

Nice prize!

5. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

Excellent . . very, very cool!!

I'll definitely be watching this event when I can. I'd try to play in it, but I think I have a conflict.

:cool:

6. smokin

smokin Chevalier

I actually measured the towers last night. They are 12" tall.

7. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Yeah, that's scotch time with Charley. ;)