Any new sessions being added online before GaryCon?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jon, Jan 30, 2016.

1. Jon

Jon Level 0 Character

Will more events be added for online registration before GaryCon starts? 3 of my top 4 desired events filled up seemingly instantly although each had plenty of room a few minutes before 3pm. With the technical glitches in the first minutes blocking many from successfully checking out, we had no shot at the slots.

A few of these games have only one instance that filled right away, such as Eclipse Phase where GM Gerald Robinson is doing just that one game session of anything. If a GM is willing and space isn't preventing, might GaryCon permit a session be added?

Thanks!
    Jon

2. Scott308

Scott308 Chevalier

I would doubt that being this close to the convention any additional games would be added to the list. You could always try contacting the particular DM and asking if they would be willing to run something off the books. Then it would just be an open gaming session and would be good to go wherever and whenever there is space.

3. athornton

athornton Footpad

For instance, Bill Willingham was wanting to run some games but waited too late to get on the schedule. Depending on what I actually managed to register for, it is totally possible I will be running a game or two as prep for my home campaign: it will be in the Fallout universe, in the Midwest of 2288, and will be either a BRP-lite system or Whitebox20. If you like Fallout it should be fun.

4. dndgeek

dndgeek Troubadour

If I'm understanding my account correctly, I have 5-6 games I need to return to the pool because of double-booking and I believe one of them is Eclipse Phase (can't get in rightnow). I suspect many others will be returning some games too, so you'll likely have more chances.

5. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Scott is right, in that playing the game is the easy part and "officially" registering it as an event isn't necessary. If there's people with a game to play, you can virtually always find somewhere to do it (especially Yr1 at a larger venue).
    Your only real obstacle is the GM. By all means, if you know how to reach him, send him a nice note saying you'd love to really love to play and do you suppose he'd be interested in running an extra. Just don't be surprised if he already has other plans for the rest of his GaryCon time - a full schedule of playing, spending time with friends he only sees once a year, etc.
    But if he's on board, you're in business.

mark likes this.
  6. jim skach

jim skach Troubadour

In past years, there was an attempt of using a white board to allow people to kind of advertise games that were officially off-grid, sometimes for the reason provided here - they just didn't get it into the official event register in time (for whatever reason).

I would never suggest this is the solution - primarily because the white board was public access (anybody could walk up and write on it) and in the last couple of years this got...messy (it was literally difficult to read and parse what games were being offered, when, and where).

However, if you had a board that was controlled - behind registration, monitored, whatever - perhaps something like that could work.

And yes...I'd volunteer some time to staff that board.

mark likes this.