Arise A Knight--Sir Patrick Stewart

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by wcw43921, Dec 31, 2009.

1. wcw43921

wcw43921 Footpad

Huzzah And Congratulations, Sir Patrick.

Of course, I doubt that Jean-Luc Picard would be awarded a knighthood, as Star Trek's Earth has likely done away with such things as titles of nobility, considering them to be archaic institutions from a time when artificially imposed societal strata--i.e. caste systems--constrained individuals from reaching their full potential. On the other hand, Picard is a starship captain, among the finest in Starfleet. Given what he had to have accomplished to achieve that level of promotion, the rank itself is an honor equivalent to a dozen knighthoods.

But Patrick Stewart is a darn fine actor and I would imagine, a loyal subject of Her Majesty--so if he feels proud and privileged to have been awarded such an honor, then who am I to tell him he shouldn't feel that way? So once again, Huzzah And Congratulations, Sir Patrick. And at the ceremonial banquet in honor of those who've been so awarded--try not to swipe too many of the dinner rolls. One per pocket should suffice. :lol:

2. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

w00t! Congrats Sir Stewart!

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

I heard this yesterday, and couldn't think of a nicer guy to have this honor bestowed upon. How cool is that? :D

Sir Stewart indeed!

4. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

Yeah, it's pretty kewl seeing Professor X getting recognized. I wonder if he used any of his mental powers to persuade them that he deserved this award?