Board Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Donal, May 26, 2010.

1. Donal

Donal Administrator

Okay, I goofed. I did not write down the names of the two gentlemen who were kind enough to bring their collections of board games to GC2. Does anyone have the names/emails of these two guys? If so, please drop me a PM.

2. Dale

Dale Administrator

That was a big hit, so props to them for setting up and having a successful board gaming room!

I hope they plan on returning next year!

:D

3. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

What about inviting Lee Maile & the Gencon Games Library? I know he comes out for the Spring & Fall Hoopla's. He's got a crap-load of games & is a real great guy.
    Just a thought.

4. Donal

Donal Administrator

Lee's name is on my list. But I first want to track down the two gentlemen who took the initiative to come out to GC2, game collections in tow.

5. the keeper

the keeper Spellbinder

Alas, I can remember their faces, (two gentlemen), but never asked their names. But if it's games you want I can try talking to Bill & Brent (Southeast Wisconsin Area Gamers) cuz they've got a good size library & are always willing to teach newbies. Both were at Garycon 2, in the open gaming area. Tom Wham knows both of them.
    On a different note, I was planning on talking to Noble Knight, (Aaron Leeder) to see if they would be interested in being a vendor for all three days. Any thoughts on this? (www.nobleknight.com)
    They are located in Janesville, Wisconsin, so traveling time wouldn't be a biggy. 'Bout 30 minutes. & they have a LARGE selection of gamers' stuff.
    Let me know.

6. Totan

Totan Spellbinder

I know one of the guys and will reach out / pass word.

7. Rhuvein

Rhuvein Troubadour

I know James Mishler brought a bunch of games and had his gametag on all his boxes. He had them on a round table in the room to the left (facing) the check in table. Would he be one of them?

:)

8. Donal

Donal Administrator

Yes, I remember Mishler now and have his email. Maybe he knows the other.

9. greywolf

greywolf Level 0 Character

I have had good service from Noble Knight. Top rate.

10. geekpreacher

geekpreacher Spellbinder

I missed the post a while back about Noble Knight Games. I have to say that I've had excellent service from this company as an online vendor but I've also seen them at Cons and have found them to be very gamer friendly. Their prices are also fairly reasonable. I would not say they're "cheap" but you definitely get what you pay for and their descriptions of the merchandise is always excellent.

All around good people in my experience.

FWIW,

GP

11. mark

mark Spellbinder

I think you should talk to Curt at Games Plus in Mount Prospect, IL (847-577-9656). They have a B&M store that has been around for over 25 years and most people in the area know it well. But they also keep a huge cache of older gaming materials that they take to convenetions, like Gencon every year. They used to regularly run tables at smaller conventions like RockCon and still run four tables at Little Wars, the annual three day convention for the Midwest arm of the Historical Miniatures Gaming Society. I think they need a small, old school RPG convention like GaryCon to round out their outlets and I know they have a ton of stuff that the GaryCon crowd would snarf right up. I mentioned it to Curt just before the last GaryCon. He seemed receptive.

12. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

I think it would be best to have 2 hobby shops as vendors at Gary Con III. I think that there is enough attendance to justify it for them and it helps to have a little competition- if you know what I mean. It depends on their interest and space as well. But we'll keep both companies in mind.

And James Mishler was kind enough to bring his game library which was great. Frank also has an awesome collection and MAY be willing to share- but I expect he would want some control measures to protect his collection.

Luke