Bringing my campaign to GaryCon

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chgowiz, Sep 14, 2016.

1. chgowiz

chgowiz Footpad

I believe in making all games count for something - so all of my games that I'm running at GaryCon will take place in and affect my ongoing Dark Ages campaign - one that I've styled after Tony Bath's Hyborea that has both online players, tabletop players and wargames happening within it. I'm really excited to be doing this! I hope returning players and new players will come enjoy my world.

Here's what I submitted:

-----------------------
    The Peril in the Forgotten Depths (2 session - 2 unique locations)

A peril grows in the forgotten depths, where men, littlelings and elves once suffered the lash of slave whips. Ye must brave the depths of the old slave pens, but Great Adventurers such as ye may save the day and defeat the Chaos who would enslave us all! This adventure is a GaryCon exclusive set in an ongoing campaign world "The Dark Ages." Mid-level AD&D - pregen PCs are provided.

Longer Description:
    Hearken to the call of Heroes! It is ye, oh great Adventurers, who may yet save the lands and King. For a peril grows in the forgotten depths, where men, littlelings and elves suffered the lashes of the slave whips. The coming of the Dark Ones heralds a Dark Age for all Kinsmen, but ye may yet save the day and foil the plans of the beings of Chaos who would enslave us all!

You have answered a summons by Duke Elthest to investigate a horrible rumour - that the ancient Dark Ones, beings of great Chaos, have returned to ancient abandoned ruins in an attempt to retake the Land they once held. The ancient slave pens and the twisted tunnels and dark caverns beneath may hold the truth and the source of the coming woes. Will you face the peril and deny the Dark Ones entry back into our world?

This adventure is for mid-level AD&D characters, using AD&D and Chgowiz's houserules. Pregens will be provided.
    -----------------------
    The Defense of Shallam

Defend the city of Shallam or conquer it! Come learn & play an old school miniatures wargame, Ral Partha’s “Chaos Wars”! Play as the Human/Elven forces or as the ruthless Orcs & Goblyns. We’ll be using figures and rules from the Kickstarters that have breathed life into "Rules by Ral", first published by Ral Partha in 1986/87. Based in an ongoing campaign that combines RPG and wargaming.

The tramp of Bestials and Men of Chaos marching to battle echoes throughout the Lands! The horns of war blow louder and it is time for stalwart Commanders to muster their troops and fight for the survival of Kin and Kinsmen! Write your legacy on the pages of History as you face off in battle either on the side of Law or Chaos!

An army of Bestials, led by the Orc Warchief Othzul-khawaj, are making a daring attack to take the City of Shallam, capital of the Duchy of Corridin. Duke Iame, the ruler of these lands, has summoned his finest commanders to stop the attack and save the city. Will the forces of Law win the day, or will the tide of Chaos sweep over the Duke's armies and split the Duchy into two?

"The Defense of Shallam" will pit Humans and Elves against Orcs, Goblyns and the forces of Chaos using the "Chaos Wars" rules. This old school miniatures wargame, first published by Ral Partha back in 1986/87, has seen a rebirth! Now come play the game at GaryCon, using figures and rules from the wildly successful Kickstarters that have breathed life into "Rules by Ral". See troops, heroes, fell creatures and war machines all come to life on the field of battle.
    ----------------
    The Awakening of Tuluk

The once-quiet ruins of Tuluk have come to life! Come learn & play an old school miniatures wargame, Ral Partha’s “Chaos Wars”! Play as the Human/Elven forces or as the ruthless Orcs & Goblyns. We’ll be using figures and rules from the Kickstarters that have breathed life into "Rules by Ral", first published by Ral Partha in 1986/87. Based in an ongoing campaign that combines RPG and wargaming.

The tramp of Bestials and Men of Chaos marching to battle echoes throughout the Lands! The horns of war blow louder and it is time for stalwart Commanders to muster their troops and fight for the survival of Kin and Kinsmen! Write your legacy on the pages of History as you face off in battle either on the side of Law or Chaos!

An ancient evil has awoken in the ancient ruins of Tuluk, once an outpost of Chaos a millennia ago. The horns of war blow loudly as Bestials pour forth from the ruins, led by the fell Orc Warchief Yatoub-riaz. The Southron Duchy keep of Peak Tower is threatened and Duke Felix has called for his commanders to blunt the attack and save this outpost of Law against the hordes of Chaos!

"The Awakening of Tuluk" will pit Humans and Elves against Orcs, Goblyns and the forces of Chaos using the "Chaos Wars" rules. This old school miniatures wargame, first published by Ral Partha back in 1986/87, has seen a rebirth! Now come play the game at GaryCon, using figures and rules from the wildly successful Kickstarters that have breathed life into "Rules by Ral". See troops, heroes, fell creatures and war machines all come to life on the field of battle.

mark likes this.