C&C 3-Rd Tournament: A House For All Ages – The Curse of Alabaster Crone. Opening Round

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JamieTheRed, Jan 22, 2016.

1. JamieTheRed

JamieTheRed Level 0 Character

It states within the description that "advancing players are automatically registered for the next round." So do we need to purchase tickets for the semi-final and final round events at registration?

2. mordrin

mordrin Spellbinder Staff Member

Nope.
    Tourneys with advancement never require player registration beyond the 1st round (it's "automatic").
    Just make sure to make yourself available for the later rounds, in case things go well in the 1st.

PBurke likes this.
  3. JamieTheRed

Thanks for the reply mordrin. That leads me to my next question which is why do the later games (i.e. semi-final and final, and award ceremony) have a 3 sp cost? Can people register for the later events and guarantee a seat at the table if their luck in the first round is not so good? I guess it really is the difference between registering for all the tournament events or having an extra 9 sp. Thank you in advance. :0)

4. mordrin

Ah. Yes, I see why that would be confusing.
    The 3sp cost for anything but the First Round is an Event Listing Error which needs fixing, so that people don't accidentally spend silver and register for it.
    The accompanying text is the correct part -
    Everybody pays/registers for the First Round.
    You automatically keep going (for free) for as long as you are able to successfully advance.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  5. JamieTheRed

See you at the Con. What's your name? I'm Greg.

6. mordrin

Hey Greg.
    I'm Dave. Mordrin should be on the badge, too.

7. Melf

Melf Administrator Staff Member

Mordrin is correct. That is simply an error on a spreadsheet when assigning costs. You cant buy into later rounds in a tourney.