Calling Gail Gygax, Calling Gail Gygax.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mythusmage, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Mythusmage

Mythusmage Level 0 Character

An online search for contact information now costs money, so that's out of the question.

Purpose: To inform Gail of my project and its associated blog/wiki Dangerous Journeys, and to see if I can get her on board regarding a revival of the game and system. (It's been, what, 20 years? It's an old school game by now.)

Goal: Provide System Reference Documents for the Dangerous Journeys and Dangerous Journeys Prime systems (Now in progress).

Why?: So game writers and designers can use the system of their choice when designing an RPG.

Me?: To use the systems to produce new versions of Changeling, Mythus, and Unhallowed in standard and Prime versions.

What I will not do: Splash on a huge banner proclaiming the SRDs or RPGs as being a Gary Gygax project. Instead Gary, and any other relevant person, will get a notice saying that this SRD or RPG is a derivative work of the Mythus or Mythus Prime game (as appropriate) by E. Gary Gygax (etc).

Gygax Games would get at least a token royalty. (At my current financial state I can afford about $5.00 a month.)

Publication: Either through an established publisher, a company of my own (via Kickstarter), or privately.

Dangerous Journeys Open Game License: I am working on an OGL for the systems so people can use them to design an RPG, and if they satisfy the terms of the DJ OGL that would be able to display a logo saying that their product is a DJ or DJ Prime System game, or an accessory for such and such a DJ or DJ Prime System game.

Readers of this post and Gail Gygax are welcome to vist the blog/wiki in question and we'll discuss matters.

2. mark

mark Spellbinder