Caps vs. Penguins

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Druvas, May 4, 2009.

1. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

My Caps are gonna crush those dirty-playing Penguins. Period.

2. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Correction. My Caps have now crushed the Penguins 2 games to 0. Game 3 tonight. Prepare to get owned, Penguins. It's such a shame, because I really like Pittsburgh and most of its' sports teams. Oh well, I'm over it. Time to be destroyed!

3. Dale

Dale Administrator

Well, lets hope for a tighter series.

Go Penguins!

//May they win one game to make things interesting. :D

4. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Not looking too likely, so far... They were playing very aggressively the first two games. now they are just embarrassing themselves. Even the Penguins coach didn't sound too confident before the game started tonight.

Dear lord, that Penguins goalie needs to be replaced...

5. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Bah! You got your wish! No more of that!

6. Dale

Dale Administrator

Overtime even... now your Caps can win the rest. :p

7. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Do I sense some Penguin envy?

Some fun Capitals facts:
    Stanley Cups won: 0
    They hold the record for fewest wins in a 70 or more game season.
    They hold the record for worst winning percentage in a season.
    They hold the record for fewest points in a season.
    They hold the record for most road losses in a season.
    The hold the record for most consecutive road losses in a season.
    The share the record for most consecutive losses.
    The hold the records for most goals allowed in a season.
    All time series: Pittsburgh leads 199 - 101
    Playoff series history: Pittsburgh leads 6 - 1.

Go Pens!

8. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

How did I know that you were going to chime in? ;) Those stats are the exact reason why the Caps are gonna do it this year! It's their time! The Penguins looked pretty desperate last night (although, I admit the Caps couldn't keep the puck out of their end...). I predict a Caps win of the series. GO CAPS!!! We shall continue this tomorrow when the Caps make it a 3-1 series!

9. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

I love good Capitals bashing. I was reading an article today that stated that the Penguins rivalry with the Capitals is a lot like the one a stick has with a piñata, and that Washington teams have often responded to adversity by displaying the tensile strength of wet tissue.
    But don’t despair. The gist of the article was that these are not the same old Capitals, and that the Penguins better not take anything for granted.
    Should be a good game.

Go Pens!

10. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

I suppose this is what I get for unsupported boasting! My wife almost mimmicked that SouthWest Airlines commercial with the two guys playing on the Wii and the idiot throws his remote through the LCD tv screen. She couldn't even watch the end of the last two games. To be honest, watching a Caps game with her, when they play like crap, makes me a little scared... Her claws and fangs come out and the wings unfurl.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for a victory tonight... I have a feeling though, that their hearts are just not in it anymore...

11. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

LOL, I know where you're coming from. My girlfriend has made our two year old cry a couple times in this series by yelling so loudly at the TV.

12. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Hah! What's up with the ladies and their aggression/obsession with hockey? My wife did wake up our 4 year old daughter at the end of game 4. But she (our daughter) is at the age where she almost has the sleeping habits of a teenager.

13. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

You know, I somehow think Hockey is fixed. How can nearly every series come down to game 7? Oh well, the Caps won last night, so who cares! w00t! w00t!

14. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

A game seven.
    Are things interesting yet?

15. Dale

Dale Administrator

Yes, they are. I feel somewhat responsible. :p

16. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

The Caps will seal the deal.

17. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Did the magic 8-Ball tell you that?
    There is no prognostication, augury, commune, or divination that can predict a game seven. Just enjoy the game and hope for the best.

18. Dale

Dale Administrator

19. Druvas

Druvas Spellbinder

Oh, man... this just isn't my night... First, the Caps lose and then our entire party in our C&C game experienced a TPK... F'ing Lareth the Beautiful... I appreciate the beer offer. Better make it 1 gallon!

Well, Scotty, the Caps failed to beat the Magic Resistance of the Pens. :cry:

20. ScottyG

ScottyG Chevalier

Sort of an anti-climactic end to a good series, but it kept the anxiety level down.
    After the game, I started my players on Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. I'll be posting an adventure journel soon.